Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extigy wont install

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Bard, its very possible the device is fine. A mate of mine got an Audigy a while ago and the CD that came with it couldnt see the device in the machine, he has to use some bog standard win2k driver for the Live afaik. its mad like, he bought it brand new fully boxed. Also creative have become real ar5eholes for drviers of late. You cant seem to get them anywhere, you can only get a fscking "update", thats not any fscking good if the fscking drivers wouldnt install in the fscking first place.

*mind boggles*

Damn you creative...

HTH,

Paul ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks flamegrill, but now I'm a little more confused...- it's the Extigy, not the Audigy... and according to Creative themselves the Extigy is not an external version of the Audigy but is very different in it's architecture (apparently)...

I'll get on to Creative themselves... but I won't waste too much time on it before taking it back to the shop to get a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

update:

went back to shop. (Maplin's, Jervis St.). Brought my laptop with me. They tested the unit. T'was faulty. They replaced it. New unit detected immediately by laptop and is working perfectly.

YAY :)

Advertisement