Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I contact NTL?!?!?!

• 23-09-2002 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭

OK so for the last 3 weeks, I've been phoning and emailing them.

I get put on hold when I phone, I can't be bothered waiting more than 20 minutes to talk to someone about a service that I pay for. Plus they don't take calls from mobiles, which is even more inconvenient. I've emailed them 5 times, I get an automated response thing to say my email will me dealt with asap, yet I never get a reply.

Basically I need to give them my details so I can start paying my bill, since I moved to a new apartment.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

A bit long winded but this is my last effort to contact NTL

1. --Original Message--
    To: customer.support@ntl.ie
    Subject: Pipe Television off

Hi there

My pipe television has been off since 1am this morning. I live in ########. I am aware that you are having some problem in Dublin city centre and I would assume that this is the same problem.

Original Message
    From: customer.support@ntl.ie [mailto:customer.support@ntl.ie]
    Sent: 21 August 2002
    To: ##########
    Subject: RE:Pipe Television off [#]

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept my apologies for the length of time it has taken to reply to your email. I can advise you that we are working towards a prompt response system, which will be in place from Monday 2nd September. Unfortunately you have not provided us with a relevant account number or address details so I cannot process your query. If you are still having difficulties with your service and need a technician to call you can either e-mail us again with the relevant details or contact us on 1800 321 321.

Original Message
    To: customer.support@ntl.ie
    Subject: RE: Pipe Television off [#]

It was just a general query to see if the whole area was down, which it was. You have the worst customer service I have ever seen. In the three phone calls I have made to you, the first one I was on hold for 25mins without getting through, the second took 35min to get through and the last I was on hold for 40min without getting through. Email takes weeks.

Original Message
    From: customer.support@ntl.ie [mailto:customer.support@ntl.ie]
    Sent: 31 August 2002
    To: #########
    Subject: RE: Pipe Television off [#]

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept my apologies for the length of time it has taken to reply to your email. I can advise you that we are working towards a prompt response system, which will be in place from Monday 2nd September.

Kind Regards
    NTL Customer Support

Unfortunately I don't have all the details for the mails, as I sent them from different places. But the whole thing took more than 20 days. So much for "I can advise you that we are working towards a prompt response system, which will be in place from Monday 2nd September." They really do have some of the worst support I have ever come across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by NeRb666

Anyone got any ideas?

I just dial up and leave my phone on speaker phone go about my business and when someone picks up I run to the phone.

Also, I find the best time in getting thru to them is early mornings (say around 9ish). I usually get thru in 10mins or so.

Hope the above helps,
    Spanner_head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Thanks for that. September 2nd is the date I've been trying to contact them since. I guess they meant September 2014.

I'm not going to bother trying again, it's up to them to get back to me as far as I'm concerned. I hope they don't cut me off though.

On a side note...I had to contact Eircom about a similar matter and I was talking to someone within 2 minutes of calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Phone 1800 234 234 on your mobile (this number wokrs on mobiles) on the way to work and ask to get connected to the right section when you get through. :)

That'd be the Digital phone no.

I tried it and got transferred....and got put on hold:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

NTL's customer service sucks ! I have complained to them about TV service on several occasions and each time I have to wait for at least an hour on the phone or three weeks by email.

When you do get to speak to someone they are almost no use at all and you just en up loosing your rag !

And to think that we'll all buy the cable modem service off them when they get around to it ! God help us if anything ever goes wrong with it :-)

I got a card in my letterbox yesterday from NTL saying that they called regarding "Cancellation of Service"....which is news to me. Now my cable appears to be cut off, i.e. it's not working today.

I think NTL Customer Service must be the best Sky Digital advertisement ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

I got that a few months ago. I called them up and tore strips off the woman after waiting 45 minutes. She said that there was nothing on here system to disconnect us and she would have to put me through to accounts, I went mad and asked to speak to a supervisor but she wouldn't let me, eventually I was put in an queue for accounts and then when I spoke to someone before I'd even given her my address or account number, she said it must be because of my unpaid bill. When I gave her my account number she said that there was no unpaid amount (surprise surprise) ! It still took two days to switch my service back on though !

I got a call from NTL at 9pm yesterday, concerning the first email I sent them over 3 weeks ago:D Looks like things are getting sorted out, they said that they didn't cut me off, there's a fault in the area. I gave out **** to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

Originally posted by NeRb666
    I got a call from NTL at 9pm yesterday, concerning the first email I sent them over 3 weeks ago:D Looks like things are getting sorted out, they said that they didn't cut me off, there's a fault in the area. I gave out **** to them.
    uh-oh.

i had no signal/service, at all today. called NTL and they claimed there was a fault in my area, that technicians were out, that service should be returned in a few hours.

NOPE.

so, you're saying the left you for three weeks without service? how could you let them go so long?

if they don't seem to accomplish something tomorrow, i'm strongly considering changing my custom to sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

My girlfriend and her housemates (in Terenure) had to go through the same ordeal for about three weeks as well and just got it back at the start of this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

NTL really give me the rage, they're my pet hate. I moved into a house in January and got them out to hook up the tv, which took over a week. The service *never* worked, after much phone called and up to an hour long on hold, they said they'd send someone out. They lied about this about three times, no engineer ever rang me and no one ever showed up.

I told them to stick their service, and to come out and disconnect it asap. I said I also want my bill zeroed because there's no way i'm paying for a service that never once worked. They had the cheek to tell me I would be liable for installation charges! After threatening legal action they soon changed their minds though.

Now, you'd think that would be it, wouldn't you? I was still getting bills until August!! I can't begin to count how many times I called, was on hold a ridiculous amount of time, only to get through to an idiot who had no idea what I was talking about as they NEVER seem to log ANYTHING in their database, and they steadfastly refuse to put you through to a supervisor, which absolutely amazes me.

I can't believe the bastards are still in business because their service is absolutely outrageous, and as a guy further up this thread said, they're the best advertisement for sky digital!

Advertisement