Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Neo Geo fans....

Options
  • 23-09-2002 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Just wonderin if any of you own/play Neo Geo/SNK games ?

I have a Neo Geo CD (top loader) with a new style joystick and the following games:

King of Fighters '98
    Samurai Spirits 4 (Samurai Showdown in US/Eur)
    Real Bout Fatal Fury
    Fatal Fury 3
    Art of Fighting 2
    Agressors of Dark Kombat
    Sonic Wings 2 (Aero Fighters in US/Eur)
    Viewpoint

If anyone else is into SNK/Neo Geo post up your collection (on any system) and your favourite games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Used to have a Gold home AES system with kof98, kof2000 and samurai shodown 2.
    Had to sell it to repair my bike unfortunetly.
    Pretty cool, had intended on getting last blade 2 and garou. Much more enjoyable than playing them emulated on the pc (don't know why, having the giant cartridges was pretty cool)

Can't stand CD based neo geo's, the CDz is passable being a 2 speed, but the single speed CD system is a nitemare. You see the words "loading" more than you play the games. Gotta have a cart system :P

When i find myself some cash gonna buy back an AES system, stick a debug bios chip in it, get an MVS to AES converter and buy some cheap ass games :)
    Hopefully in time for the SNK vs. Capcom release, which can't be much worse than capcom's effort at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Yeah the cd system does load quite a bit, but I don't really mind waiting for it to load, it's worth it :).

I had an AES but had to sell it cause the games were just to expensive. At that time !Arcade! hadn't released the MVS converter, if they had then I probably would have kept it. I hope to get an AES eventually (when I finish college and get a job), until then I'm content with the cd system.

How much did you get for the system?, that's was a nice package.

The price of the systems varies generally with the numerous sales of SNK or when it decides to go under for a while.
    I got mine just before it went bankrupt for the first time.
    Paid about 200 irish and that was for the machine, samurai shodown 2 and an old style stick (the best)
    Bought Kof 2000 when it was released for £TOO-MUCH
    Bought kof 98 still new but from some guy for about £100

Had plans to get an MVS converter at the time, but then i planted a nearly new motorcycle into a car and had to sell most of my worldly possessions to put it back together again, the neo geo included.

"Almost" bought a 2 slot system at the end of last summer from qwerkies but they refused to give me the power supply and the monitor hook ups and 200 quid for the main board was more than i was willing to pay.

Probably take a trip to japan in the next year, see if i can get an AES cheap (since the japs think that without a box its worth nothing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

£200 **** me that was a seroius deal. I paid £200 - £250 for the machine + joystick alone, which were in **** condidtion, and that was the best deal I could find anywhere.

It's a damn shame you had to sell it, I feel for ya man, that sucks donkey balls.

What was KOF 2000 like ?, I'd love to play it, i'd say it rocks, the graphics in the screenshots I've seen look sweet.

Kof2000 isn't great, 98 is probably the best and 2001 is pretty good, but i'm not a fan of the korean artwork that playmore have put into 2001, it looks bland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement