Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scroll down menu thingys

• 23-09-2002 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Just wondering with respect to the previous thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64833

and other general comments about the newish boards system.
    No offence to cloud or anyone else that worked on it but I preferred the old system best. I mainly log on from college with a nice juicy E3 line so have no problems with bandwidth fair enough some people do, and as far as I understand it thats the main reason for the new spiffy scroll down tool bars. However normally I would hold Shift + Mouse1 and load up new windows with the various different areas such as Games/Technology/Sport etc. My point is, and I understand it might take a fair bit of effort (assuming ye deleted the old system) but would it be possible to set up a dual system where the user could choose their option when they log onto boards.ie?

It would make me happy, whatever about anyone else :D

Thanks for listening,

Ivan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The problem isn't bandwidth Ivan, it's load on the server, as you'll see if you look at this thread. It's is a pity it has to be this way, but it's killing the rig, which is killing Boards for everyone (including those on leased lines).

adam

Advertisement