Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics of Rene Dupre

• 23-09-2002 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for recent pics of Rene Dupre. I have one of him at the Canadian 2001 bodybuilding championships and another one of him when he was younger but that's all I can find. I need some really recent ones and google gave no results.

He's currently on a training and development contract for WWE and aged only 18 years.

He was on WWE Confidential recently (21st September I think)

The reason I ask is because I'm fairly big into bodybuilding and my mates are having a discussion on whether this guy is natural or not but unfortuntely hardly any of us saw WWE Confidential.

Any help appreciated.

.logic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Shoot me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBiosD/dupre_rene-can.html

Is the only one I can find altho I imagine you have this one already :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah that's one of the ones I have. He was 17 in that pic and apparently he's *alot* bigger now.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I dont suppose you know what camp he was sent to? OVW? ill have a look around;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

http://www.cbbf.net/events/2001_canadian_championships/index2.html that one anygood?. i have a feeling he was released from his deal a while back, if thats so it might be harder to track down pics
    sorry just saw that you have that pic, Confidential os a US only program so the only way of seeing it over here is to download it or get a tape sent from a US tape trader. ill ask around for a AVI of the last few confidentials. cant find any pics on any of the usual sites:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

At 18 and given the pic of him at the CBBF comp there Logic, it is a fairly safe assumption that he is on gear/ has completed a masked course - and joining the WWE will ensure it is a trend likely to continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Jak
    At 18 and given the pic of him at the CBBF comp there Logic, it is a fairly safe assumption that he is on gear/ has completed a masked course - and joining the WWE will ensure it is a trend likely to continue.

Yeah Jak, apparently he went from 230lbs approx. at 17 to 260lbs at 18yrs old.

30lbs in one year for a seasoned athlete can only mean juice.

I'm pretty interested in picking up a recent pic though apparently in those pics posted he was small compared to what he's like now.

.logic.

Aye gaining weight is one thing but he looks to have leaned up and 30lbs of muscle gained on top of converting what he had just ain't feasible if he ain't on juice.

When i left school with some mild training I was at about 180lbs and it has taken me the better part of 7 years (granted with only the last 4 serious training) to get up to 220lbs. Leaving aside leaning up seriously, even stackin on the final 6lbs to get to my target lately is a real struggle.

Bodies have plateaus in my experience - which can be broken through in time (your weight kind of sticks so to speak) - and the only way I can see him having made such a quick transformation like that is if he is juicing. Maybe if 230lbs was his dieted down stage and he just bulked up from there he could have done it (but that would not leave him looking leaner) - but to gain 30lbs from a fairly developed stage and lean up .... I would't believe it.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Aye tis a strange sport really,

No more than girls looking at supermodels, I guess when your training for something it helps to compare yourself against the best - rather than settling for being better than some average punter. A huge part of training is an ongoing self-hate ;)

While obviously there is gonna be an element who have other 'reasons' for taking an interest in bodybuilding and shows, most people follow it for motivation with a degree of admiration as well.

I mean my bro runs the Irish shows and the crowds are for the most part made up of people from the gyms, family and friends, and the odd hen night types. I can see how it can look strange, but I think most people are there either to support the work done by a friend and/or to make themselves think "Damn, I need to do some more bloody work"

• Advertisement
Advertisement