Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble running Battlefield '42 with ATi Radeon

Options
  • 23-09-2002 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

bloody ATi, how I hate thee, nothing ever bloody works without buckets of efforts.

Medieval is just working and I've gotten BF1942 to review and now that's on the fritz

I can start the game fine, select user, select mission, but when I try to start a game, it crashes to windows when the loading bar is halfway through

I've got an ATi Radeon 7000/VE (32mb) which is on the list of compatible cards and up to date drivers and directx

anybody else have (and please god fixed) this problem or am to step up my efforts to procure a GeForce 4 (good/€400 version)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

the latest radeon needs a patch to get it working.
    Don't know if the olders ones do too.
    dont know the name of the patch. its sitting on my desktop here.
    think its the cedt340.

Don't know if its the same issue as with the r300 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

i have the 2nd most recent drivers (may 2002 i think), i got it recently to get medieval working, and was advised the most up-to-date version didn't work properly with many games incl. medieval so I'm loathe to risk upsetting the delicate balance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

gah that thing i quoted above aint the patch.
    Ive no idea what that is.

This is a patch, it doesnt change ur drivers. It just err fixes a problem it has. As i said before i dont know if thats the cause with ru card.

the real patch name (if u change ur mind etc ;) ) is
    w2k-3duag-01-21-patch

the w2k being of course my OS.

Gl with however u try to fix it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

EA's tech support crew suggest reinstalling it (with nothing running in background), delete the contents of the temp folder and get new drivers for sound video and motherboard. soloution carpet bombing...

Advertisement