Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Football Interactive no longer in Ireland: What about the Ryder Cup?

• 23-09-2002 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Folks ,
    If you tuned into Saturdays match and watch the Fulham/Chelsea game tonight in Ireland you'll note that the interactive facilities are not available. They are definately working in the uk as the commentator advised who was on the Player Cam next etc. Why have they done this all of a sudden?? Do they even know they've done it?? Anyone fancy e mailing Sky...

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

I fancy emailing them. It has disappeared ever since we go the new interactive services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Xxtreme

yeah,
    interactive footy has been off since the newcastle - sunderland match on sat , also the NFL interactive was unavailable last night, does this mean that the ryder cup interactive won't be available either? - if so theres gonna be a lot off angry people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i noticed this on Saturday but thought it was off for everyone. an email is being sent in a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

After spending ages on the phone to Sky. I got through to a woman who told me that this service was never available in Ireland. I got very annoyed and contradicted her and highlighted the fact that prices were going up and the service was being cut.

I was then put on hold and she came back to me with a differrent answer that the service removal was due to a technical fault and that we DO get interactive football and the service would hopefully be fixed for the Ryder Cup.

I must admit I am worried........

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ghostds9

Hi Folks,

Well Sky are gives us Irish customers the run around. After spend adleast an hour on the phone on Saturday and Monday night. I was told that from being the Rep of Ireland you never had that service. There second level of Tech Support told me to do a force download because my digibox EPG Software was corrupt. As this didn't work they said to get a SkyDigital Engineer to repair my digibox. I still was annoyed and said this was not good enough as I have had these services before. I'll be gutted if this service is not given back to me because of the Ryder Cup starting on Firday.

This is one disgruntled SkyDigital Customer Signing off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

I don't think anyone at Sky has a clue whats going on.
    it's amazing how many different answers they give for the same problem.

I also can't believe how badly they treat the Irish subscribers (its really not the way to increase your subscriber base).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ryder Cup is the only reason I still have Sky Sports. Thought I'd get around to watching some soccer but haven't watched a single match in the month since I've had Sky.

No Ryder Cup interactive = me going back to Movies World Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Hi
    I just noticed the interactive features were gone last night for the first time. Anyone know what email is the best one to send a query to?

hi folks,

SkyDigital are unbelievable, I phoned them this morning are seeing article in the October edition of the Sky Customer Magazine (eg Have look at page 46). They make it sound like Irish SkyDigital customers in Ireland have never had any Interactive services of any sort. So I asked them again what the problem is with get into Sky Sports Active services there reply was You Skydigi box is faulty. I am getting a new one tomorrow. I am determined to get end of this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Looks strange, if we are to believe Sky, just about everyone in Ireland now has a faulty digibox, or could it be as simple as forgetting to switch something on/off, as it was with BBC??
    It's also kind of worrying for something like the Ryder cup just a couple of days away and now the interactive CL next season, OK maybe not so important yet but these things do tend to drag out.
    Anyway, has anyone got a good mail address to send to, don't have the patience at the moment to sit through being told, you never had it in the first place.....

• Advertisement

I picked up a brochure for Sky yesterday in a TV shop and it advertises the usual free minidish and digibox

Under Sport it says

"With Sky Sports Active, you can choose camera angles, review highlights and view match statistics"

I am very unhappy about there not being interactive coverage of the last 2 Premiership matches on SKY. Be prepared group to bombard SKY with phonecalls on Friday morning if the Ryder Cup is not interactive and the same for the Saturday morning Premiership match.

It is not good enough to get these services from the start and then take them away while at the same time increasing the subscriptions that they charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

If anyone would like to organise a campaign of action I would be happy to join in. There is no doubt that we are not receiving the service for which we have contracted, and paid.

Hi

I agree, if on Friday as its seems likely the Ryder Cup will not be interactive we should bombard Sky with phone calls as far as Sky are concerned the fault is our end and not there’s. As a Sky Customer service person would say SkyDigital is the only Platform with interactive services available in the Rep Of Ireland. Well then get the finger out and

1. Admit that there is problem with the interactive services in Ireland and sort it out.

2. Put a Customer Call Centre in Ireland to deal with Sky Customers within the Rep Of Ireland.

3. Plus have somebody on the phone that know's what
    going on...

The other thing is that Sky say that they have not received any other complaint’s with there interactive services in Ireland from any other customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ok, as this is a service that we all have enjoyed up until now, and see that it has been taken away due to Sky stupidity, I'll sticky this, as I for one will be ringing Sky if the Ryder Cup is not interactive on my screen.

So folks, from 7am on Friday morning, if the red button doesn't link into Golf Interactive, the number to contact is..

[align=center] 1800 535 767 [/align]

Be prepared for the worst!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

In today's Irish Mirror, there's a full page ad from Curry's (or Dixon's) advertising a Sky Digital offer, and it clearly states that 'for sports fans, interactive Ryder Cup Golf available'. All the terms and conditions refer to ROI.

Hmmmm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Likely as not it is just Sky having "overlooked" things when enabling Sky Active in ROI, if enough people complain it will be fixed.

If it was rights issues or anything else, it'd have been blocked long before now...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Can or did anyone try to see if there is interactive for the Ryder cup??

I have no Interactive and cannot get through to their technical assistance.

This is a clear case of ROI customers being shortchanged ;-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Sorry Damo, but there is no reply from that number you gave us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Folks

There is no reply from the Technical Support.

However wait for the 5 options and choose "Change Your Channels" then choose "Reduce Your Channels". You do get through to a call handler who will take the message. I went ballistic with her (Marie).

She has called the Techies (who have 4 mins+ queue time) and the word is that they are working on it now - have realised there is a problem. I pointed out that it was heavily advertised in the customer magazine and the channels. I have invited friends around tomorrow on the strength of Ryder Cup being Active.

I informed her that I would be disconnecting at the end of my contract and will be reducing my channels to the basic package - IF SKY cannot fix the problem by tea-time this evening.

Can everyone please bombard them thru the Reduce Channels route ? They will get the message very quickly.

• Advertisement

I now have Interactive Ryder Cup coverage.

I don't know if you can get it the regular way but I got the Interactive coverage by pressing the red button during the commercial break just now. Rather than when the TV coverage was being shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Ryder Cup interactive is back on. I got thru to sky on another nr ,and as i was speaking to the guy it came on, he didnt do anything, it must have been all the pressure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ocrasorm

I rang Sky at 8am this morning and "read" them over the interactive. I was on to three different departments until 9.10 am.

They told me that interactive has never been available in the Republic. I asked how come I had been able to use it for the last three years?

Anyway, I am a local counseller in a small town and I told them that I would cancel my Sky sub on Sunday evening. I also promised to make Sky's attitude to the Irish an issue in the local media.

Lo and behold my son texted me an hour later to say it was working.

I'm not saying I was responsible but then again......
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Maybe its available on some suppliers but not others. I didn't have it for the Chelsea game on Monday, but have it today for the Ryder Cup. And its proper Sky Digital, not ntl.

Oh yes, its only a Sky Digital feature, but it was blocked on Sky Digital earlier, because with the recent changes in Sky Active and its launch here in the Republic, Interactive sport on Sky Sports was blocked by Sky, thinking that we didnt have it before! :confused:

Well done folks, your voices were heard loud and clear and the rest of the Sky Digital viewing public here are thankful for your efforts.

I would've been up there complaining with you, if I wasn't recoving from a brilliant Ben Folds/Divine Comedy concert last night :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

.....but there IS for Ryder Cup.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Still no interactive footie though :(

Actually, looking at the second half, I'm not sure if it was supposed to be interactive, didn't see any plugs for player-cam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Can anyone tell us if the football match was interactive in the UK today?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

Can anyone tell us if the football match was interactive in the UK today?

No it wasn't. Apparantly the Ryder Cup has taken up all the interactive channels.

• Advertisement

All interactive channels were in use.

Sky had 8 mini interactive screens on at once, Sky News Active, Customer Channel, the Ryder Cup and F1 Digital Plus. Something had to give, and it was the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Interactive football working fine tonight for WBA v Blackburn.

All seems to be back in order.

PS Apologies for turning the Arsenal thread slightly off the point.
    Will keep the faith in future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Calm down, people...
    Sky are uploading the interactive services for Ireland, before the official public launch soon. While this is going on, there have been reports of problems, such as what's being discussed.

I had no problems with the Ryder Cup interactive, or the football over the weekend, or tonights Monday Night Football.

I had problems last week with the football and Sky News Active, all of which rectified themselves.

Don't bother ringing customer services, they have'nt a clue, as they are told nothing..that way they can't land themselves in it...

:)

Advertisement