Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portishead question

Options
  • 23-09-2002 10:20pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

As far as I am aware, Portishead have released the following (sort of) albums:

Portishead - Dummy
    Portishead - Glorytimes (Ep - 2CD)
    Portishead - Pnyc: Live
    Portishead - Portishead

Now, my problem is, I want the album with the track "Give me a reason (to love you)", but none of the aforementioned have this track listed.
    I'm guessing I have the title wrong, can anyone enlighten me?
    If I were to guess I'd say "Glory Box" is what I'm looking for, but only because that track title seems familiar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

those lyrics are definitely glory box.. so unless they released it under a different name on a single or such..

there is no more legitimate albums other than those you mentioned.. so could be a bootleg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

for those who are interested.. beth gibbons is touring at the mo:
    Beth Gibbons: Out of season
    Beth Gibbons and Rustin' Man are the voice of Portishead and her mate Paul Webb (of Talk Talk). Releasing her debut solo album 'Out Of Season' on October 28th, Beth will be taking the album on the road and then continue work on the next Portishead album, due 2003. The album is largely semi-acoustic and deeply moving. Lead track 'Mysteries' will promote the release but not be available in the shops.

course i would take that new portishead album bit with a grain of salt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah 'glory box' is the very last song on the album dummy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Glory box is the one, there is also a song called toy box which was a early version of Glory Box - but funkier.

<Mod Edit>

Bold. Read the rules baz.

</Mod Edit>

Advertisement