Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone socket...

• 23-09-2002 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

OK, I wanna make sure my phone socket is ok.

Could anyone snap a pic of how it's supposed to be wired? Or a detailed description. Please.

There are two wires (orange/white dash + white/orange dash) coming into the main socket (the one with the capicitor) from outside. in the inside of the socket there are three connectors on the left, and three on the right.

l1 x l2 r1 y r2
    _
    [_]

or something similar. (i had a peek yesterday before we moved the furniture over it, cos the wire got pulled out. I think it's the right way again - but I wanna be sure!)

Any replies appreciated!

Also, can anyone explain each of the connections? I think one is for a second line - but how, cos there's only one rj45 socket on the thing!

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

For telephone all you need is make sure two wires you got, get to connect to the middle two on your socket. (As far as I knwo the order does not matter). It should be the top two on the left hand side of socket.

Some telephone socket can take 4 wires and some can take 6, But telephone only uses 2.

Regarding 2nd line.
    There should be 4 wires comming into the house. You have to check the main socket where the wire comming in from out side.
    Each line needs 2 wires so that 2 lines. T use two lines you would need 2 sockets.

Hope that helps

Advertisement