Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owen is a twat!

• 23-09-2002 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

How on earth did Owen ever win European Footballer of the year. When you take away the lads pace, what has he really got left. Glenn Hoddle, when he was manager of England, said the lad is not a natural finisher. I think its clear to see that Baros and Diouf are the 2 who should get a run in the team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Owen used to be a clinical finisher. He's just having a rought spot atm. He's still Liverpools best striker, or will be when he gets his goals back. (In my opinion.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suppose that means Van Dutchbloke is also one....:rolleyes:

How many goals has Owen scored? 100 and something at 21.

Not bad for a an unnatural finisher.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

When you take away the lads pace, what has he really got left.

yes and take away Baros's left leg and Van Nistellrooy's head and what have they got? How exactly do you take away someones pace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

He will start to lose it in a few years. I guess we will see then. I personally think you are being very harsh on him. I think he is a very good striker, even though I do not like the guy. When he gets the ball in the box the defenders worry, if he is already in the box it is not the pace that bothers them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by denhamd2
    HoGlenn Hoddle, when he was manager of England, said the lad is not a natural finisher.

LOL - Glen Hoddle said a lot of things. The only strikers in the premiership that I would rate above Owen are Henry and maybe Nistelrooy - Owen is having a hard time at the moment but when he's on form he is amazing. See England vs Argentina at France 98 for further details! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Owne, like all gret strikers is a confidence player. At the moment his confidence is low, but when it picks up we will see how much of a twat he is. He is still an integral part of the team and played very well on Sat. culminating in a great touch to take the ball down and a sweet layoff for Riise to score his goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

That was a sweet finish by Riise as well.

I reckon he's another candidate for a wide player being turned into a striker a la Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Good players don't become bad overnight. They have off periods, and make no mistake about it, this period is most definitely an _off_ period for the lad. This doesn't escape the fact that he single handly won the FA cup two years ago against the gunners.

Don't get me wrong, I do think he's off the ball atm, but he is still very much making the chances that have given him the goals that have made him the player that he is - he is simply not scoring them of late. This kinda thing happens the best of them. He'll swing a leg at a ball not even thinking much about it in the next 2 games and will be right back in the frame. He's trying to hard to bag his chances in my opinion - being too definite, instead of just tooking it away like he always has done. > The guilt ended chance against the jordies which he ballooned over on his left springs to mind as an example of this.

So leave him alone right :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I do think it was abit much giving him the European Player of the Year all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He is the best striker England have, and one of the best in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Originally posted by Waylander
    I do think it was abit much giving him the European Player of the Year all the same.

I concur.

Strikers get all the bloody credit. What about Sami Hypia ?? The man is a living legend.

Then you have that fella that's sometimes in the news of late Roy something ... second name escapes me atm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Could the poster of this thread step forward for his ass whooping :D

I find a hat-trick is always the best way to answer ones critics.

Advertisement