Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humpty Dunphy

• 24-09-2002 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

what a wally is our Eamo! the eejit never cut it as a top footballer,,,SO WHAT THE HELL GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO JUDGE PLAYERS LIKE GIGGS AND OWEN AND GIVEN AND VAN NISTELROOY AND CRITICSE THEM????!!! at least when i listen to john giles theres some reasoning in what the guy says. But dunphy, the filthy rich so n so,,,is only in it for the money. the keane book was only ever bout the money for him and not the story. cop on RTE - fire him!!! and get Denis Irwin back!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

feel better now that is off your chest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Dunphy is a drunken has-been. No one pays him any attention.

He's also the spitting image of Hoggle from the film Labrynth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
    Whois-Server:whois.opensrs.net
    Registrant:
    Irish Soccer Store
    Artane
    Dublin, Leinster 5
    IE

Domain Name: IRISHSOCCERSTORE.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Denham, **** ****@****.ie
    Artane
    Dublin, Leinster 5
    IE
    +353 1 ********

Technical Contact:
    Denham, ***** ****@****.ie
    Dublin, Leinster 3
    IE
    +353 1 *******
    Fax: +353 1 *******

Mr. Denham I suggest you remove the advert from your sig and engage with DeVore about running a banner ad (which could be quite lucrative for you considering the amount of dodgy football supporters on here).

The fact your first post on here was a bogus "oh look I found a great website" has already coloured my view of you.

Gandalf.

(* = blanked out parts of whois details that personally identify the 2 Denhams)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I like Dunphy,think how boring life would be without him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I hate the cnut, just anoys me, the season Liverpool won the cups, Dunphy criticised every one of the team, and the style played, ie defend well and get them on the break. Now Moneychester United are doing it, it's a great style.

He is mainly the reason that Roy Keane has been hung out to dry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I quite like Dunphy and Giles in the studio, I certainly prefer them to the ITV alternative. I do think it is a bit of a pity that relations have thawed so much between them that they are now afraid to cut across each other like they used. Hopefully that will come back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Does everyone here take their opinions from Dunphy or something. Am I the only one who thinks he has, by his actions and his words, made himself a footballing and political irrelevance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dunphy is an eejit but i love him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

He says whats on his mind. More people should take a leaf out of his book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

He doesn't speak his mind he says what he thinks will annoy people (ie utter bull) so that hes not forgoten and to ensure hes talked about and it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

He does his job well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I wouldn't bother watching the RTE analysis if my man Dunphy wasn't on. Entertaining, informed, and doesn't give a rats ass about the soccer "muppets" in Ireland. e.g. everyone in the Phoenix Park for Ireland homecoming "celebrations".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

At least Dunphy tell's it like it he sees it and he should be commended for it.

Football on tv is being ruined by 'spinners' who always talk a good game on behalf of their team. Take Spain v Northern Ireland last night. Before the match Gerry Armstrong and co were giving some line about how N.Ireland might snatch a draw against the Spainairds. Even at 1-0 it was 'We're still not out of this game'. When it got to 3-0 the commentator said 'Oh! Well Spain are ranked 2nd in the world after all.' Utter bull****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

He's a very very wealthy "cúnt"

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    I hate the cnut, just anoys me, the season Liverpool won the cups, Dunphy criticised every one of the team, and the style played, ie defend well and get them on the break. Now Moneychester United are doing it, it's a great style.
    You talk so much shíte it ain't even funny. Liverpool's defensive style is to have 11 men behind the ball at all times and if your lucky Heskey will go up front to get on the end of long balls. Sounds familiar don't it?

United play football, they don't have 8 men behind the ball ever in a game (apart from the Leverkusen game which was a one off when United lost key players ie. Van Nistelrooy and O'Shea). But Liverpool play with this style throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Dunphy is great. RTE sport would be so boring without him! He is the uncrowned king of Irish soccer pundits :p

Advertisement