Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oh please shoot me...

• 24-09-2002 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

...cause I am such a loser. Last night I turned down the easiest one night stand ever. At 3am there was someone knocking on the door, my neighbour was locked out of her apartment along with her friend (both had a bit to drink) and some bloke she picked up. So I invited them in for coffee and her friend was very grateful as she needed to use the bathroom, that's why she was knocking on my door. We had coffee, talked, watched a bit of MTV, then later I was alone with my neighbour's friend in the corridor where she gave me some really affectionate hugs and asked me how come I didn't have a girlfriend. We talked a bit more after that than it was late, I suggested we go to bed and I offered her my roommate's room while the other 2 crashed in the living room. She asked me if it's ok to sleep in my bed but added she's not going to SLEEPwith me... we snuggled a bit, talked some more, every once in a while when I was falling asleep she would try to get my attention. I still didn't try anything. She was blonde, slim, relatively attractive, amazing boobs, young (starting 4th year in college), a more than acceptable pull for anyone I'd think. But all I can think about is this girl I am deeply in love who's one of my best friend. Yes she knows how I feel and had already rejected me but we are still friends and I was out with her that evening. So someone kill me now....cause life sucks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Naah, I think we should let you suffer a bit first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

get to your neighbours house and get her to give you the friends number. then text her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Were you hoping perchance for her to giftwrap herself as well?

Even if you are in love (rejected) - that is no reason not to continue having a little fun while you wait for her to come around to the idea ... :rolleyes:

See above.

Call into neighbour and gauge the reaction of you asking about the friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Unregistered
    [B, watched a bit of MTV, [/B]

You watched MTV?Wow-you really are a loser!:eek: Id rather watch the shopping channels and thats saying something.
    Ah we all do stupid ****e withoput thinlking.I previously posted
    " For example last friday night i was in a club and as i was passing a pretty girl i didnt know she asked me if i wanted a sip of her red bull."No thanks"i say amicably,as i dont like red bull.Suddenly i realised"Ah ****,she was after me and i turned her down.Christ!"
    DOH!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

/me loads his shotgun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sometimes you get the bear sometimes the bear gets you...

DBC has the best approach.....

Text her, say hello, strike up a conversation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by searrard
    DBC has the best approach.....

Text her, say hello, strike up a conversation...

You failed to kiss the girl. If she likes you, then you my friend have played an entire night of hard-to-get. The ball is in your court now. Get her number. Text her and flirt like bejeesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Oh you poor poor man!!!

You had a good looking girl in your bed who wanted sex and you turned her down.

How very sad for you did her friend want to join in too because that would have been truly tragic. Your sooooooo unlucky.

Id hate for women to be jumping into bed with me:rolleyes:

Seriously though what have you to be upset about the girl obviously wants you. If you don’t want her fine if you do I don’t think she’ll be to had to get!

Original poster here and people here misunderstood me and it's my fault for not explaining it very well. I am upset not because I turned the girl down, I am upset because I am not over the girl I want. She is such an amazing girl that the girl in my bed pales in comparison and all I could think about was her. This might surprise the guys who're reading this but I didn't want casual, meaningless sex. When I told her how I felt, she'd already fallen in love with someone else. The timing stinks so my rejection was inevitable, not that I thought I had a chance with someone like her. But we are good friends, I can't ignore her, so when I see her and realise how deliriously happy she is I am happy for her too but I also feel like crap. I need to move on but last night had shown me that I can't. That's why someone should shoot me because the ambivalence I feel is torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Original poster here and people here misunderstood me and it's my fault for not explaining it very well. I am upset not because I turned the girl down, I am upset because I am not over the girl I want. She is such an amazing girl that the girl in my bed pales in comparison and all I could think about was her. This might surprise the guys who're reading this but I didn't want casual, meaningless sex. When I told her how I felt, she'd already fallen in love with someone else. The timing stinks so my rejection was inevitable, not that I thought I had a chance with someone like her. But we are good friends, I can't ignore her, so when I see her and realise how deliriously happy she is I am happy for her too but I also feel like crap. I need to move on but last night had shown me that I can't. That's why someone should shoot me because the ambivalence I feel is torture.

so what is the point of your thread?

you want people to know that you turned down some beautiful girl who was probably píssed as a fart, probably not as good looking as you say, and probably would have snogged a rottweiler if it had been there?
    so you fancy someone else?
    yeah, sure, shes the love of your life, the light of your fridge, and the best thing since flushing toilets. shes a part time super model and she turns into a pizza at 3am. the perfect woman.

so, my advice, is to grow up.
    why bother denying yourself the 'pleasure' of this other girls company? are you a night in shining armour?
    are you going to go up to this other girl you love and say 'hey there, you know i could have shot my load in some bird last night, but i love you and i couldnt go through with it'. is that what you are going to say? coz lets face it, if she doesnt know, what a waste of drunken sex that was.
    christ, stop with the whining.
    shoot yourself?
    dont waste the cartridge.

• Advertisement

Whitewashman has a strong point-It should jump off the screen and shake you!!

I've been in the situation ( and no doubt lots reading this too ) of pine-ing over someone thats with someone else... and it's like 75% of your brain is fixed on this one person alone.
    When you are good friends with her and care about her and worse, have to see a lot of her-that is pure torture...

Like the advice given in another thread today, you justhave to summon up the inner strenght to ignore at least temporarily your attraction to the girl you like, and go out and find as many others as you can, relax and be with them...
    You *can* do that and still keep yourself updated on whether your friend splits up with the other guy.
    Your friend likes you and it is a fact that she is with someone else at the moment, but thats not forever is it?
    And anyhow I'm sure as you know her well enough that you aren't shy of flirting with her and letting her know that if she gets bored of yer man....you are there:) Try to do that smiling and laughing as you go-even if you have to pretend.
    mm

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    shes a part time super model and she turns into a pizza at 3am.
    Are there ones that turn into kebabs?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Originally posted by The Gopher

You watched MTV?Wow-you really are a loser!:eek: Id rather watch the shopping channels

Now theres a good opportunity to say "This is so boring, lets hop into bed for some hanky panky"

Advertisement