Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer of Discontent

Options
  • 24-09-2002 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Gah! As a PS2 owner & a PS1 owner before that I have noticed that sweet FA happens by way of decent titles until November each year. Are things any better on the PC?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This year it was the same story on all formats, it’s like as if the charts stoped durne the summer till September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Coincidence or Conspiracy???
    If I was a betting man.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

It's known as the annual summer slowdown.

Reason being - globally speaking, it's sunnier, so people are spending more time outdoors, and aren't playing games.

General sales figures reflect this, as do any number of surveys.

Not a conspiracy at all - just common sense in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

All company's are keeping their star games for the christmas rush, they dont want years of hard work to be old and rusty for the biggest shift in games of the year, so they release it a month or so before christmas to keep it fresh for the rush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Why don't you go out and buy loads of old games? There are tons of great games on Platinum that you probably haven't played. Either that or get a second-hand Dreamcast or something. There's never an excuse for not having games to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

Originally posted by Sico
    There's never an excuse for not having games to play.

Lack of money? :rolleyes:

If he didn't have money for games in the first place, why would he be complaining about there not being enough new games to buy?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Im not entirely sure, but I'd reckon a ps2 game would be slightly cheaper then a second hand dreamcast...
    Anyways to answer the guys question, theres plenty of new (decent) pc games, bf1942, the thing, icewind dale 2, mafia, gp4, warcraft 3.... all great games, and covering most genres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

*YAWWWNN*

huh? wha? i'v just waken up from waiting for all the bloody good games to come....now i'm off to stare at a wall until super mario sunshine arrives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'd reckon a ps2 game would be slightly cheaper then a second hand dreamcast...

New PS2 game - £45
    Second hand DC - £20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

having the facts before anyone else - priceless

Well, buy and sell is for idiots who don't know any better. There are people trying to flog 486s and the like for crazy money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Prices I just quoted are from GAME or Electronics Boutique here in the UK.

Advertisement