Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info about irishbroadband.ie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

getting mine done tomorrow @12 (wednesday 4th that is)

i live in rathmines, so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

nm, I was told that too when I called them first a few weeks ago, but last week they told me that that had changed (can't remember the exact reason).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

failed unfortunately, nice people though,

bloody trees ~ i offered to cut them down but i decided not too

they'll have plenty more points of access in view in 3 to 4 months they say

fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Originally posted by nm
    Does anyone know how far their threerock transmitter goes??

Yeh, when I got my line of site test done, Michael from IB told me the 3-Rock mast has reached customers 10km out. Which I admit is extremely far, but thats what the man said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive lost count of the peoplw who have signed up/people failing tests etc.

How many subscribers are there on the forum now? 2?
    Anyone know how many subscribers they have in total at this stage?

• Advertisement

I think they have between 20 and 40 subscribers, but thats the way they want it at the moment. Thet're only starting up and haven't advertised at all (except for their website). They're getting a large investment soon and will then pick up the pace.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I passed today \o/

JAK did aswell afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

where ya'll living?

how about a sticky for people who passed where they can state their location?

I live in a tall house in Ballsbridge.

Dundrum/Goatstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yep passed as well.

Cool people to deal with, quick and very friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've been waiting on a LOS test over a month now, theyve said theyd call me back the last 3 mondays to arrange and didnt and now Ive just gotten an email saying because of the huge numbers of enquiries into their services, theyve decided to upgrade their systems to take on these large numbers of clients and i'll have to wait til January at the earliest.

I cant explain how ****ing frustrating it is, i mean what if i simply fail the test after this 2 month wait? I couldve switched to UTV or Leap weeks ago if they'd given me any kind of real estimation of when they'd be able to get out here, and in the meantime im paying a fortune for this poxy ISDN.
    I think im going to go for UTV now i suppose while im waiting for them as i really have no idea how long its going be, but if it hits Febuary im just going to pay the extra and go for Leap.

knew it was too good to be true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I really hope they get their act together. Almost everyone seems to have good things to say once they come out to do the LOS test but they really fall down when it comes to getting out to do it. They also seem to be very bad at getting back to people in general. I made an enquiry about three months ago and followed up twice but they never did give me an answer.
    A buddy of mine had a similar experience to nm and I guess there are lots more. They need to get this sorted out. The country needs people like this to be successful!!!
    COME ON IRISHBROADBAND, GET YOU ACT TOGETHER.

I can only speak for how I've been treated, but they have always called me within the time frame that I've been told initially - even if it is with bad news. They called me today, as promised, to let me know when they can do the install. In Jan:-/

I've had similar experiences to nm and iwb. It took me over a month to get a LOS test. I did pass the LOS last thursday though, they just checked the view of the Donnybrook RTE mast from the back window of my house and said I could get it. They were friendly but reliabilty seems to be a big issue with them.

They said they'd call me on monday (today) to organise an installation. They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Hey,

I have found them to be very reliable myself. Most of the people they a have messed around have been looking for LOS to the RTE mast, and like they said, they were moving their equipment up the mast, so they couldn't do a LOS to that mast. They have always called me on time and arrived to my house on time for the LOS too (which I passed mainly due to the fact that the RTE mast is practically in my back garden).

If they don't ring you, maybe try ringing them and asking what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

well, i sent them an email saying pretty much the same thing as my above post in this thread (well, toned down a little odviously :o) and they called me this morning apologising that i'd that id slipped through the last 5 weeks without them getting back to me and said theyd call me back next week again(doh!), BUT she did say theyd make time and fit me in before christmas to make up for it.
    nice people, lets just hope they come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ugreevy

well i passed had LOS 10 days ago but got a call yesterday saying id get a call to confirm install date/signal test on jan 14th -

5 more weeks to wait!!!!!

They are upgrading software/hardware (im not a techy so dont ask!)

bit disappointed though ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I've been waiting 3 months for them. I finally had my LOS test last week, and was told they'd install this week. Heard nothing, so I rang them up. It turns out they were planning on ringing me on january 14th to let me know when they might be able to install it.
    Fortunately I can see 3rock so I should be able to connect to Leap. We'll see who manages to connect me first, my moneys on Leap frankly.
    Greg

turns out Leap.ie are on the RTE tower too. And they can install me by the 6th of january. Sweet. Where did all these broadband options come from? Next thing, ESAT will finally arrive at my exchange,
    Greg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Are you not paying painful amounts of money for Leap though? Like twice the price? Leap have no residential offering as far as I know so I think you would be better off just waiting the extra couple of weeks for Irish Broadband, although they have kind of messed you around for the past couple of months, but I think that is understandable in a company that is still finding its' feet...

(Sorry for bad grammar :p)

aye Peter, but I've no reason to believe that they will actually install it within any reasonable time frame of when they're claiming now.
    If I'd gone and got Leap 2 months ago instead of waiting, I'd have saved enough money on the ISDN bills to make the extra costs over 1 year balance out. And I'd have had broadband :)

Plus, I know people with Leap who say greats things about the customer service. I've got a contract in the post to me already from them. But I'll probably wait until january 14th, and see if IBB come through at last. The key thing is they probably have a good latency advantage over Leap, and it may be worth waiting to get that.

Greg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Peter, if you've seen Greg's house you'd know that he can probably afford leap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

AHHHHHHH, I WANT IrishBroadband !!!!!

lag.jpg

That ping is better than NTL's cable !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Aye Ando, that would be my brother.

Yes in the last week, it looks like Irish Broadband has done some routing optimisations. 20 - 30 ping now to barrysworld. Which, and don't ask me how, Is faster than English broadband options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

24ms...?

Hurry up and get a suitable reception point for Cabra! :P

zynaps

I heard that you can get a fair bit of packetloss on IBB, any idea if this is true/false ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

why don't IBB come to Cork ?:confused: :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

sure is a nice ping you got there Kevok :) really is better than anything else out in ireland at the mo !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by zynaps
    Hurry up and get a suitable reception point for Cabra! :P

i second that motion!!!

Advertisement