Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help....please....

• 25-09-2002 1:11am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having terrible problems on Boards at the mo, this has been going on for two days now.

Every time I log onto Boards, try to read a thread, follow a link, or change page in any way, I get about five error messages before the page semi-loads.

These are

'An error has occurred in the script on this page, line 26, char 331,
    error: 'gms' is not an object, Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page, Yes/No'

Being technologically enfeebled, I don't know how to make these Go Away. It's only happening on Boards.

Any suggestions? (Apart from 'be away with you now and stop annoying us')

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

'be away with you now and stop annoying us'

Easy to fix

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options

Go to the Advanced tab

Find "Disable script debugging"

Tick the box, click OK

That's if you're using IE6. With earlier versinos it's a little different but either way you want to disable script debugging (or any Javascript debugging so look for an optino to do that)

Don't disable Javascript if there's an option for it (if you're using an earlier browser) - just the debugging.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hi,

I've tried this with debugging on and off and I didnt get any error... I'll ask someone to have a look at the javascript but I would have thought lots of people would have reported this if we were having a problem... *confused*

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

its impossible to use the boards javascript menu with IE 4.7 or earlier. It just gives a load of errors and askes to debug etc.

This was particularly the case when it came to the part of the menu marked 'private'. You'd have to skip your mouse over it really quick to get to 'public' to avoid the page shutting down on you. :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Urk, we didnt know that.... if you have an error message can you post it?

Thanks,
    DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

will do, ill just revert to win98 fresh install :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement