Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL to be enabled in Louth

Options
  • 25-09-2002 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

An article in the local paper here in Dundalk, says that ADSL is to be enabled in the eircom exchanges in Dundalk, Drogheda, Monaghan and Cavan by the end of the year.

<holding breath>...............

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

......is that Eircom and are you willing to be shafted by paying €199 setup, €150 for 'their' modem' and €107 a month extortion fee? I could get ADSL tomorrow if I was made of money but even then I would be reluctant to give those bastards any more of my money that I really have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by LFCFan
    ......is that Eircom and are you willing to be shafted by paying €199 setup, €150 for 'their' modem'
    You don't have to buy their modem, regardless of which I-Stream service you choose. The ODTR says so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<holding breath>*

* May cause drowsiness. Or Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

just to clarify, I have no intention of paying the sort of money they charge, I'm quite happy with my netsystem satellite setup for downloading from kazaa etc... :D
    I'm just letting people know about the article should they want to read it themselves, it's in "the Argus" by the way.

I don't do online gaming and I have a free dial-up to work for browsing. :)

Advertisement