Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircomnet mail servers on the ropes

Options
  • 25-09-2002 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Looks as if it might be spam relay time again at Eircomnet this morning. Mail servers very slow with ETRN commands having little or no effect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

They say that there was a lot of spamming done at the weekend, and they're trying to get queues cleared.

1580 number for corporate tech support, as if they don't charge enough for everything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I thought the 1580 number was only for informing them that the service was gone to sh!t. I sure as hell have never received any support on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

And here we are more than a week after the initial problem and Eircom still haven't sorted it out. Still, within the last few minutes we have started to receive e-mails that Eircom have been sitting on since Friday. Not bad for 5pm on a Monday, is it. Still we wouldn't want to expect too much from them and it's not as if e-mail is important to companies these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

I'm amazed they said there was a problem at 'their end'.... very unusual for them to admit that, must be a BIG problem

Advertisement