Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those offended at the slane line up

Options
  • 25-09-2002 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

I know I shouldn't laugh at the misfortune of others, but dammit I just can't help it!

Nickelback Get Pelted By Rocks In Portugal

Nickelback are in the usually enviable position of being a Canadian band that's loved throughout the world - all the world except Portugal, it seems.

The band were playing the Ilha do Ermal festival in Portugal on Monday (August 19) when they were forced to walk off the stage in the middle of their second song. According to a Portuguese television report, the Portuguese public were looking forward to the concert and are generally well behaved - in fact, no band in recent memory has had to cut a show in Portugal short. But the Portuguese just weren't digging the 'Back.

While in mid-song, singer Chad Kroeger was suddenly sprayed with a full bottle of water, hurled from somewhere within the audience. Kroeger immediately tore off his guitar and confronted the crowd.

"Are there any Nickelback fans in Portugal?" he asked into the mic.

"Are you sure?" he asked, after the crowd let off little more than a grumble. "It's up to you, do you want to hear some rock 'n' roll or do you want to go home?"

Obviously, they wanted to go home. Just as Chad turned around, he was pelted in the back of the head with what looked like a large rock.

"See ya," he replied with a wave.

With that, the entire band followed him off the stage. Both Kroeger and drummer Ryan Vikedal (who's sporting a Rick The Temp faux mohawk these days) gave the audience the finger as they strode off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

HAW HAW HAW THAST GAS UP THE PORTUGESE HA HA !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Striking a blow for good music taste everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

God bless you Portugal, you've truly shown the way forward for all of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

nickelback= c0ck rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye that was before Slane, lead singer guy actually mentioned it as well "hope this ain't gonna be like portugal, man that sucked".

cue a group of us shouting "go portugal!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DaMeisceChick

Go Portugal, couldn't have done it any better myself (which is probably because I was trying to get as far away from the stage and Nickleback as I could)...
    Anyone else cringe every time Nickleback's chad opened his mouth at Slane?? What an unbelievable dork (Dork is not a word I tend to use, but when talking about our chad it suddenly becomes very apt) He used every cheesy "lets get the crowd going" line in the book .... Anyway, enough! I cant believe I'm even adding to a Nickleback themed thread, even if it is an abusive one.

BTW... WHat a **** line up at Slane this year eh?

Advertisement