Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal on TV Tonight ?

• 25-09-2002 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Folks,
    I was watching the Man Utd game last night and they advertised the televised games for tonight as ITV2 for the Liverpool game but more intrestingly (for me anyhow) Arsenal is to be televised on ITN News.
    I checked tonights programs last night using the TV Listings on SKY but it was not advertised - I've checked the tv guide on http://www.irishbyte.com/ and it says that ITN News (Satellite)will be showing the game but not ITN News (Cable).

Can anybody shed light on this for me please - will I or wont I be getting the game tonight ??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

That site has it the wrong way around.

Digiguide tells me that ITN News Channel on Satellite contiunes with news, while those with NTL Digital Cable in the UK will get the Arsenal game. It was like this for last weeks game, Man Utd on ITV2, Newcastle on ITN News Channel (DCable only.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

its also on ned 2 if you have access to that

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

I'm bloody sick of missing all the Arsenal Champions League games! Why won't they show the Arse matches, they look the part and are serious contenders. It's typical of RTE and TV3 to show Man U and L'Pool only!

Originally posted by Tony
    its also on ned 2 if you have access to that

Tony

What platform is ned 2 available on Tony?

mfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

TV Companies must ensure their viewership is maximised. By showing Arsenal this would not have happened. Manchester United and Liverpool in that order continue to attract the biggest audiences.

I think the fact that practically the whole Arsenal team and manager are foreign dilutes the interest in that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

wasnt the arsenal champs league game on last week?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mfield

What platform is ned 2 available on Tony?

mfield.

Its on astra one encrpyted, seca cam and viewing card needed

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dec

Jez,
    Your argument is crap

What do mean by foreign not English ? - not white ???

If you have a look at the starting line ups of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal on the nights of their European games Arsenal had one English player more than Man U and one less than Liverpool on the pitch. Liverpool had 5 - Arsenal had 4 and Utd 3.
    If you look at the subs Arsenal had 2 English on Bench, Utd had 3 and Liverpool had none
    As for the Managers 2 of them are French and one is from Scotland - Again I'm not sure what you define as foreign !

If you are talking about Irish - There was only one - John O'Shea.

Arsenal are the current champions, they are playing utterly fantastic football and you are guaranteed an enjoyable game unlike Liverpool.

"TV Companies must ensure their viewership is maximised"
    So Arsenal must maintain their form and win all around them for the next 5 years, so as to attract all the new Arsenal fans to come out of the woodwork - and only then will we get the more interesting game shown on TV.
    Come on, Liverpool against an unknown like Basle rather than Arsenal against PSV ??

And Yes - Arsenal were on TV the week before but was'nt Liverpool vs Valencia on UTV also ?

Rant Over !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 HighburyHigh

Well said Dec!

ITV have shown an unbelievable bias to Man Utd and, to a lesser extent, Liverpool. The Arsenal matches in the Champions League have been relatively ignored by them in recent years. Even ITV London have failed to show their fair share of Arsenal games which has caused much annoyance among Arsenal supporters in London and elsewhere. This has meant that those among us who have a London region FTV card have found it to be of little use when hoping to see the Gunners in action in the Champions League.

It is therefore no surprise that once again ITV1 have no plans to cover Arsenal's match in Auxerre next week. In fairness to TV3 their live coverage of Arsenal games has been more extensive than ITV. This would not be too difficult in any event.

I checked the TV3 website earlier and there are no details of the matches they propose to show next week. Does anyone know which games will be shown on TV3?

A very unfair comment Jez, and not one that is welcomed here. Liverpool have a French manager and several foreign players, so your argument is very pathetic.

TV3 will always show the opposite game to UTV, in this extent, so TV3 will show more Arsenal games, simply because ITV want to show Liverpool more than Arsenal.

I remember a campaign, Arsenal fans against Carlton....

For next week, UTV ANDTV3 are showing the Man U game.. the Liverpool game is on Wednesday on TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I watched it on Ned2 myself.

But then again, I'm in Holland so that's nothing special...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

The Arsenal game was LIVE on german PPV superdom4 with ITV commentry. I Presume that they will be showing the match next week too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

This is a great link if you like soccer.

http://www.satfootball.com/

Regards JD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Just replying quickly to the criticism re my points regarding Arsenal.
    Today I was looking forward to the match against Leeds,however,
    I switched it off after an hour due to boredom and went out to cut the grass. Man United made the premiership exciting and will do again this season. Arsenal are still boring. Wenger is a whinger and its just like watching France play. Vieira gets booked again and you can see the body language of Wenger ready to make an appeal on behalf of his "angel" Patrick.
    Basically the reason Sky sold so many dishes is "Man United" . A Man United in decline would spell serious trouble to Mr Murdochs empire . So all TV3 are doing is using their head and showing Man U games to increase their viewing figures.

Lets hear it for "Boring Boring Arsenal"

Originally posted by jez
    Just replying quickly to the criticism re my points regarding Arsenal.
    Today I was looking forward to the match against Leeds,however,
    I switched it off after an hour due to boredom and went out to cut the grass. Man United made the premiership exciting and will do again this season. Arsenal are still boring. Wenger is a whinger and its just like watching France play. Vieira gets booked again and you can see the body language of Wenger ready to make an appeal on behalf of his "angel" Patrick.
    Basically the reason Sky sold so many dishes is "Man United" . A Man United in decline would spell serious trouble to Mr Murdochs empire . So all TV3 are doing is using their head and showing Man U games to increase their viewing figures.

Lets hear it for "Boring Boring Arsenal"

Jez in my experience as a retailer I see no evidence that your statement about United is in any way correct. What evidence do you base this on? Frankly I find your post devoid of substance and strays into areas not appropriate for a satellite forum. I'm sur there are forums that welcome the "my team is better than yours" type of post

Regards Tony

I agree, Tony. Well done jez for turning this into a muppet of a thread.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement