Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check this out...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Interesting I posted this under the handle Disraeli

http://www.israelforum.com/board/showthread.php3?s=&postid=26675#post26675
    Just in case I get banned note: Trial membership
    You are I fear sadly mistaken.
    I come from Ireland and I can attest that compromise is the only way forward for peace.

So long as the occupation continues Israel will always be subject to attacks, so long as Israeli settlement continues Israel will always live under threat.

This is fact and blindly burying your head in the sand and extolling some mantra about how "terrorism will be vanquished" with military force is counter productive.

Terrorism has no capital you can invade, no leader to kill, because the more cities you invade and leaders you kill the more people you create who want to be "terrorists".

Thus military action is not in fact in the long term interests of an average Israeli, not to mention the millions of Palestinian people who have done "nothing" for the most part to deserve retribution for attacks perpetrated against Israel.

Hamas does not bomb Israel in the name of the Palestinian Authority, the IDF does occupy Palestine in the name of the Israeli state, thus so long as this disproportion exists between the two sides, you will have a war of redress in perpetuity.

As I have said the only amicable resolution to this terrible war between the two peoples in question is in fact an internationally mediated agreement.

Contrary to popular belief, the entire world is not in fact a seething mass of anti-semitism and the entire world does not want to see the "destruction" of Israel.

What I want to see is an end to the occupation, unconditionally.
    An end to Israeli settlements unconditionally.
    A Palestinian state.
    An Israeli state where people do not have to fear for their lives, unconditionally.

Once you start equating the four listed points with each other, you place pre-conditions that obscure the real goal, which has to be peace, not some grandeous mantra about the virtues of war.

You cannot enact some grand troop movement and destroy terrorism, how can you? There is no official line, when some random person can just decide to attack civilians, troops cannot stop that only resolving the grievances that bring about the conflict to begin with can.

Arguably the United States support of Israel was a contributary factor to the bombings on Sepetmber 11th 2001.
    Thus for the sake of Israeli security, Palestinian human rights and the American's (Israeli's ally) right to live in peace the occupation and annexation of Palestinian terrorities must stop now and a UN mediated agreement must be implemented.

Regards.
    Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That site is ****ed up. Replace "Muslim" for "Jew" and you would have a neo-nazi site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Hobbes
    That site is ****ed up. Replace "Muslim" for "Jew" and you would have a neo-nazi site.

Disraeli

You said that you knew history and I was impressed with what you said on the other thread. Very nice.

I'd say the regulars of the politics board will give these guys a run for thier money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Yeah, I reckon everyone go to this site and let loose. They'll probably just cancel everyone to keep their board nice and jewish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

What about the massacre of hundreds of innocent Arab people by the christian malitias under the eye of your now butchering prime minister. He should be in the Hague facing a war crimes tribunal not running a country. I also find the moderators on this site very militant in their views and I find this wrong as they are voicing contraversial views when they really should be on middle ground.

nice stuff Saint!

They havent a leg to stand on, more posts like that and we might actually get through to them

• Advertisement

I got a response, not a very good one. Is anyone else posting on that site? If so can ye let me know what names ye are posting under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Great stuff!! I'm in there.

stuka.jpg
    great....hows mine?

Anyone posted anything yet? If so, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I'd say the regulars of the politics board will give these guys a run for thier money!
    I doubt it. Even though Typedefs' post is well tought out and well-written, I imagine that an Israeli living the middle east will know far more about the reality of life over there than a few well meaning bleeding hearts in Ireland. Plus, most Israelis that I've met are hugely interested in politics. I can still remember posting on USENET from a few years ago in response to American and Australian posts about Northern Ireland. It was very similar to the postings I read on Boards.ie concerning Israel... "The IRA/HAMAS have a right to defend catholics/palestinians" (this was just two weeks after a 2 kids were murdered in a shopping centre by the 'RA in England), "If the Brits/Israel end the occupation, then peace would be achieved" (Hi Daithi), etc, etc.

Of course, I'm not fro a second saying that I agree with what's being said on the Israeli forum, but posts on the basis of what you read on the Guardian or (even worse) Indymedia could be somewhat ill-informed...

They seem to think that all europeans are anti-semetic and we want to see the fall of Israel. We may be ill informed about them but they are also very ill informed about us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Perhaps being a small nation of a few million surrounded by 400 million individuals who bear them no goodwill whatsoever theyre a little paranoid - especially with regards to european demands/suggestions that they feel will lead to a situation where the fall of Israel is inevitable.

Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by The Saint
    They seem to think that all europeans are anti-semetic and we want to see the fall of Israel. We may be ill informed about them but they are also very ill informed about us.

And can you blame them, what with that Holocaust thing 50 years ago. Not to mention with the flames of Anti-Semitism being fanned by the far-left across Europe.

Advertisement