Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip Storage Questions

• 25-09-2002 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

I am new to using Zip hardware. My home PC has no Zip drive, but all the PCs in college (where I spend most of my time) do. I want to use it for music storage, and probably Kazaa as well. is there a kazaa lite, and also, how much music will I fit on a Zip Drive?
    Is e15 the right price for one Zip disk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Typically 1mb = 1 min (encoded@128kb/s)

Standard zips are 100mb, so about 20-35 songs depending on length and encoded quality.

Kazaa most likely won't work in your college (if the network admins are in anyway efficient).

You can get (standard) zip disks for about €11.

I really don't see why this is on the A/V board though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

kazza wont work in college, cause not only is it peer to peer (firewall will block .. unless use a http-hunnel) it would also have to change the registery around etc.

but if you have admin rights ie can install then shouldn't be a problem

if your looking to buy a zip drive i can sell ya one
    or even just second hand disks

pm me to find out more

Advertisement