Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

health probs board?

• 25-09-2002 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

its been a while since i last posted...but i'm back!
    reasons being health probs!!

just wondering if the ppl ou there wanted to talk about health probs, talk about different methods of recovery, etc etc

would of been nice to talk to someone about tonsilectomys before i got the feckin painful process done!!! why didnt anyone warn me!! :P

well who wants to be come a hypochondriac (SP?)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

good idea!
    I wish to discuss all my ailments with you guys, I have so many I can keep the forum going all alone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

well that makes two of us
    my life with health probs:
    Burst EarDrum
    (93% hearing loss in right ear!) [a certain sound engineering course say it would of dumbed my acedemic ability!!]

Periotonsilar Abcess - the worst pain ever - no eatin for about a week - no talkin or swallowing either....has my tonsils removed for that one! and also had 6 weeks in hospital for this one!!

Had an operation when i was five to have a squint in my eye relieved (involved takin out my eye and untwisting my optical cord!! NICE!

had a cyst where i didnt need one [yes thats right] freaked me out though was cancer- but it wasnt... still though the docs wanted to drain it!!! never show your scars to your mom when high on morphine!!

dislocated both shoulders twice (mtb acidents) and dislocated my jaw once [thanks dad for putting it back in!!]

broke countless bones including having my thumb caught between 2 rocks while trying to get away from big waves!!! "look mom i can thumb backwards!"

etc etc etc oh yeah and i drank a full bottle of soy sause when i was 7! pumped out for that one!!

now whos unlucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus. :eek:

<edit>

I meant 'Jesus' as an exclamation. I didn't mean it to look like the response to "Now whos unlucky!"

Just thought I'd clear that up. :)

</edit>

oh yeah this is funny

when i was about 6 i had a superman costume and thought i could fly jumping off the table i broke my arm in 3 places

also putting your arms out waving like a silly eejit in bumpercars is detrimental for your arm bones too!!!

anyone else a "bit" accidental!

jesus was unlucky too!
    lucky ppl never start cults!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

lol

talk about mister glass

Ive never broken anything or had any thing wrong with me apart from a lazy eye and the occasional cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

heart murmour as soon as im dewombed

measles, pox, + all related childhood illnesses

flu every 2nd month till age of 8...immune system not worth a damn

tonsiles

circumcised

broken bones

knee surgery

latest ailment be the PILES. least thats my own fault :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by sinus
    Had an operation when i was five to have a squint in my eye relieved (involved takin out my eye and untwisting my optical cord!! NICE!

Damn, they do that? I could well go for some of that. Seriously - must check with me doc

(it's not a big squint, more of a "lazy eye" - not too noticable until I point it out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

when i was about 6 i had a superman costume and thought i could fly jumping off the table i broke my arm in 3 places

also putting your arms out waving like a silly eejit in bumpercars is detrimental for your arm bones too!!!
    dislocated both shoulders twice (mtb acidents) and dislocated my jaw once [thanks dad for putting it back in!!]

broke countless bones including having my thumb caught between 2 rocks while trying to get away from big waves!!! "look mom i can thumb backwards!"

Ever think of having your inner ear looked at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    heart murmour as soon as im dewombed

circumcised

latest ailment be the PILES. least thats my own fault :D

Do you really need to tell us this shít? Jesus!! :rolleyes:

What the fúck is wrong woth you people. Definite hypochondriacs, except in the bone breaking department, why don't you go and drink some milk? Strengthen those ****ers up? I've fallen off many a thing, and alot higher than the kitchen table!! Never broken anything.

My only problem was swallowing my Ma's sleeping tablets, all of them. Nearly died, but I was young so what do ya do?

Originally posted by DapperGent

Ever think of having your inner ear looked at?

well if you looked at the first part of my post, you would see i have trouble with my ear (burst eardrum + plus many other in depth stuff (missin a bone inside my ear)) - it is widely know that ppl who have ear problems have probs with balance! hence the lots of falling over!

but i must say the delights of having only one proper hearing ear:
    if i cant get to sleep with noise i just turn on my good ear and wolla....cant hear a thing!! or if i dont like u - may you be faced with my bad ear!!

anyone else here an insomniac? anyone know how to un-insomniac??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I am not a Doctor.

I don't think there are many people here who are doctors.

If you wanna find out about an illness go to a health website ie http://www.irishhealth.com

They have forums for chatting and Q\A there etc...

Enjoy your ailments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Also check out http://www.netdoctor.co.uk - its a great reference site and has message boards there too.

- Dave.

Advertisement