Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audigy

• 25-09-2002 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at sound cards on komplett and I was looking at a Creative Soundblaster Audigy Player Soundcard PCI w/Firewire, Bulk and the Creative Soundcard PCI Audigy Platinum With Firewire, Retail. I know the difference between bulk and retail but why is there a big gap in price, is the audigy player a sb live! card or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dude, read again. Difference in the two fairly obviously is the words Player and Platinum. The latter being the big one with the front panel thingeebob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, i kinda knew that, what i was really wanted to know was: is the audigy player any good? Is the platinum really worth its price tag......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have that exact model and all i can say is its great :)

Get it if you dont want to spend the extra €100 ... it will do really the same as the other ones you just dont get a big knob thingy. You do also get the drivers with it so dont worry about having to download anything.....it all comes with it. :D

Advertisement