Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

annoying friend

• 25-09-2002 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hay i recently started grade school 3 weeks ago and this guy who started same time as me has sorta befriended me
    the problem is i hate his guts, he is the most boring and annoying person ive ever known
    i dont wanna hang out with him but i cant just say screw u - im not that kind of person mainly because he hasnt got many friends in the school
    any idea ppl?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

-pointless rubbish deleted-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by Sposs
    Punch him in the nose then say it was an accident,that should give him the hint

Sposs, why dont you try and be helpful instead of an idiot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I've been in many a situation. So i know what im talking bout. Does he know he's annoying, maybe he'll change if you point out to him that other people find 'this, this & this' annoying about you. If you dont want to make the effort, just say:

"listen i dont want to be your friend anymore because i find your really annoying"

Its that simple. NO POINT beating about the bush, just say it. Its better than you starting doing things behind his back and generally making his life hell while you try send him the message that you dont like him. So just say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

"listen i dont want to be your friend anymore because i find your really annoying"

trust u stan to send a men over the edge with one sentence :D

tho i would do the same, but with words a little less harsh. as in

"look X, i know we both started at the same time and all that, but you do sometimes annoy me with THIS THAT AND THE OTHER THING."

then take it from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well you can be a tool and tell him to piss off or simply let the poor bastard know what he's doing wrong and point him in the right direction... if he takes major offence to you trying to help him then screw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what is grade school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by STaN
    NO POINT beating about the bush,

I quite like beating about the bush don't you?

As for your "friend" Dear God Help blah.... if you don't have the guts to say it to their face, then just avoid him at all costs, he'll take the hint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    what is grade school?

ditto.

And as for your friend. Text him saying you hate him, nice n easy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah but thats more likely to make things worse for him. Imagine you got a text like that, or were being ignored. Its horrible tbh

Its the immature way to deal with it. Be a man/woman and do the right thing :)

And no i dont part-take in what ye said in relation to the bush metaphor :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Its the immature way to deal with it. Be a man/woman and do the right thing

Screw that, take the easy way out, what has being a man got to do with it? Sounds like you hate the guy, what do you care ?

Ahh I don't give a sh*t really, this is a stoopid problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

you would want to do it fairly swiftly and if possible bloodlessly .

Or else like me you could still be trying to adviod the creep i meet in college 5 years ago and none of us had the heart to tell him to get lost. He really really puts me and i think every female he encountrs on edge, and vodalk is not his friend i'm sure you get the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hey, atleast he hangs around wiv yea,
    Ever have to live your young Teenie years with ppl only calling down to yer house for something they need or else cause your the only one that they can get drink off...
    Thats happened to me my entire life.

Also take into account that maybe your just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO interesting! thats why he hagning around.

Also, and dont forget this, ppl change, and mature. Just talk to the person and tell them that you find such and such boring, or even steer the conversation in your direction.
    I think you may be so pissed off with the person that you will neglect the basic ways off putting up with them .
    I've the same problems with ppl, and some of my mates know that I dont particularly get on with them/ would avoid them if possible, cause they cause me greif and can be absaloute ****! at time, you just have to learn to work around/get used to it, its one o those little things l;ife throws at you.

Mymy coulda given this advise hours ago but our stupid collage connection is soooooooooo ****ing slow!
    Imaging that! having to live at 256kb a sec not KB!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by Doodee
    Hey, atleast he hangs around wiv yea,
    Ever have to live your young Teenie years with ppl only calling down to yer house for something they need or else cause your the only one that they can get drink off...
    Thats happened to me my entire life.
    Are you serious?

People @ that age tend to live in a material world, where a "friends's posessions" are more important than the "friend". But the quicker you realise this, the quicker you'll get to know what the term friend actually means. I've had the same 2-3 close friends for about 15 years (one of them is your neighbour). It also has to do with how you present yourself to others. If you were the type of kid that got a new computer (for example) and dragged every willing looser back to your gaff to play some games, well then you're never really going to have any real friends. Anyway I just had to say that John, coz your quote above has be shocked TBH.

Anyway as for the originator of this thread, I have been in this situation many times in my life. TBH in the last month I had to ditch someone in a "nice way". I think the key to doing this is "time". You can end all the hassle immediately by being nasty, but the outcome of something like that will more often leave you worse off. What I did is just constantly made myself unavailable. If they rang me asking to do XYZ, I would say I'm busy, and the likes. If they were in my company, I would make excuses to leave. If you constantly do this, they will start doing other things themselves the facilitate the time, they are no longer hanging around with you. In the end they be reduced to a farmiliar face passing on a corridor, that will get nothing more than a nod of acknowledgment from your behalf.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    what is grade school?

Something americana? thats my best guess anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Grade school is the American version of Primary school and you spend a little more time in Grade school than we do in Primary.

Advertisement