Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to PWS on W98

Options
  • 25-09-2002 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I have messed up my PWS I use on Laptop and I am trying to locally host ASP pages do any of you know any good alternatives I have tried to download Apache but I cant deem to get it to work when I download it

any links would be a great help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Apache isn't really the best bet for ASP pages, however there is an ASP module for it but its far from perfect.

ASP should run on PWS.. try a web search for a tutorial on getting it running.

That or just install NT/2000/XP and run IIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

I use apache and I thinks its the best, what is the problem (why cant you get it to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

and how did you mess up pws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

It got corrupted by a virus

So i deleted some of the files DUH? and now I can get it to work
    more to the point the /root files are gone So I need to get an alternative .

Apache I have downloaded it twice and both times I couldnt run it / install itfrom my PC ?????????? Why !!!

and the whole mirror site is doing my head it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Reinstall PWS?

• Advertisement
Advertisement