Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mail Eircom thing..

Options
  • 25-09-2002 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I just had an idea after reading so many posts about problems, complaints and criticism about Eircom. Im sure all these have been made aware to Eircom too, but they seem to have no impact :(

I was just thinking, if everyone wrote up on this thread in one post what are all there complaints about problems you have had with Eircom (i.e. phone line not installed when they said it would.. stuff like that), then we could e-mail them all at the same time flooding Eircom Customer Services with Complaints all in the one day.

Then the next day we do the same but not about Problems you have had with Eircom but Complaints about the service (i.e. I can't get broadband in my area, there is no flat rate....) Eircom Customer Services would again be flooded with e-mails.

Day three and everyone again writes an e-mail to Eircom Customer Services talking about how there buissness/residance cant afford to pay this.... All these e-mails over three days should make an impact, i stress the word should :P

If anyone has any ideas on other e-mails we could send then tell us!

One last thing. If we were to this, I hope that it would be done politely as insulting or impolite e-mails get deleted quicker than read, and no spamming :P keep it reasonable and true! :D

P.S. Couldnt think of a very good Subject :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

We'd be far better off sending email to our TDs. Eircom don't give a s**t what we think -- they've shown that over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Good suggestion,

However remember Eircom.ie claims that it has no responsibility for the actions or otherwise of "Eircom.Net" and your bill in total for all services is issued by "Eircom Ltd" ??.

Very confusing and deliberately so for Joe Public.

Helps the - Mad Mouse - get away with anything?.

I have the big problem with Eircom.Net, but not any more I hope as I use UTVip flat rate - plus - peak time utv "Time - Saver" who will be billing me at 1.8c per minute, insted of Eircoms 5.1c rip-off.

The only payment that I will ever have to make too Eircom is for my line rental. All being well I will be paying UTVip for internet and telephony usage, which includes a 25% discount on Eircoms voice call charges.

I will be back in touch,

Best of luck with this thread/suggestion. The response should prove very interesting too many?.

Yours,

Paddy20:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

It might be good if a time and a date could be orgainsed that would suit most people. Then everyone ring eircom net at the same time demanding to be put through to a supervisor about why has eircom not introduced flat rate and why they do not listen to what their customers want. Then it will show them just how much interest there actually is aswell as flooding their cheeky representatives with calls. I wonder how would they cope with all the calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    It might be good if a time and a date could be orgainsed that would suit most people. Then everyone ring eircom net at the same time demanding to be put through to a supervisor about why has eircom not introduced flat rate and why they do not listen to what their customers want. Then it will show them just how much interest there actually is aswell as flooding their cheeky representatives with calls. I wonder how would they cope with all the calls.

That would be considered something akin to a Denial of Service attack.

Don't do it. I'm not being sarcastic or ironic. Just don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

There seems to be some confusion here...no-one in Eircomnet can offer a flat rate product. That is dependent on the parent company..(basically it would have to release a wholesale friacoproduct)

It is not meant to be deliberately confusing-it has (or had) to be separated for regulatory..
    Basically if you pay a monthly figure to eircomnet, they get that, all the phone charges go to the parent company..

• Advertisement

J.D.

Re:- Confusion!..

I did state "Deliberately confusing" with good reason.

1, Eircom.net pass on your internet usage charges to "Accounts department" at "Eircom.ie. Who then add this amount to your Eircom voice call telephone charges in order too total your account.

2,You are then issued with your account payable statement by a seperately registered "Limited liability" Company, called - eircom limited - Registered in Dublin as eircom Ltd, number 98789.

3, If you then should have a problem with your "internet usage charges"!, you will be given the run around by all and sundry. Even if your complaint / query is being investigated by Eircom.Net customer support department. You in the meantime must pay the
    disputed figure in full, or face disconnection without warning by "Credit management" a part of Eircom.ie!.

4, If this is not a deliberately confusing way to run a service industry of vital importance to all sectors of the Irish economy/private and public. Then I will gladly eat your hat.

Am I just another thick gullible member of the Joe Public innocents brigade or - unreasonable- because I expected a fair service at a fair and "honest price".

Currently, I am personally delighted to at last be free of the grasp of Eircom.net.

I stand too be corrected.

yours,

Paddy20,:rolleyes:

Originally posted by paddy20
    J.D.

Re:- Confusion!..

I did state "Deliberately confusing" with good reason.

1, Eircom.net pass on your internet usage charges to "Accounts department" at "Eircom.ie. Who then add this amount to your Eircom voice call telephone charges in order too total your account.

I stand too be corrected.

yours,

Paddy20,:rolleyes:

Hi Paddy
    I don't think eircomnet ever see the " internet usage charges "-I assume you are referring to yhe telephone calls you make to dial up..so there are no charges to pass on..
    Is this what you mean

jd,

Re:- More confusion?.

On my Eircom accounts statement. The internet calls and their duration are shown as local calls made to 074-60201, my local eircom.net connection/log on computer in the Eircom exchange.

My itemised statement from Eircom.ie accounts even include the date and time of me dialling into and logging off their .net 60201 number.

The total of calls made too 60201 internet connection computer made" from"my private phone. Incur charges at local call rates, which are then added by the eircom.ie accounts to make my total Eircom usage telephoney charges/statement for the bi-monthly billing period inclusive as one total payable sum. I hope this makes the point that I am trying too make clear.

You see, it strikes me as "very strange" and confusing that eircom.ie who issue bills on behalf of Eircom.net- are in fact- a part of a registered company called "eircom Ltd" who claim not to have any connection or influence in relation to how much they charge you for your alleged internet accumulated usage bill amount.

The fact is, Eircom Ltd (Registered in Dublin) a company with "Limited liability" could overcharge all their customers a fortune for a billing period. Then "Cease" trading overnight by voluntary liquidation??.. and then continue trading the following day as a newly registered business such as eircom(ie) Ltd.

Thereby leaving everyone well and truly "Ripped off" financially, and not a damn thing anyone could do about it under business law. Is this not - a questionable infrastructure for the largest telecommunications organisation in the Republic of Ireland.

Yours,

Paddy20;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads this email Eircom customer service campaign is a seriously bad idea. It could be considered a denial of service attack and would generate very bad publicity for us which Eircom would take full advantage of.

One part of the idea however could be adapted. If we collated all the complaints about Eircoms service into a single document with people names and a contact number and present it as a info pack to a select number of journalists who we know are interested in this area then we could get a result. Alot of the papers are looking for "Rip-off Ireland" stories and teh way Eircom runs their service I think qualifies as a rip-off :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i would like to mention that infrastructure improvements seemed to have stopped in the last year or two from eircon certainly 'up the country' they just seem to be fixing major faults. i'm connected at 14.4kbps at the moment, i try to run a consultancy from home but lets be honest the infrastructure is so crap.
    email your td's don't make me laugh i email the north west td's regularly they never even acknowledge them !

Vote anything to nice, nobody will come here anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by paddy20
    You see, it strikes me as "very strange" and confusing that eircom.ie who issue bills on behalf of Eircom.net- are in fact- a part of a registered company called "eircom Ltd" who claim not to have any connection or influence in relation to how much they charge you for your alleged internet accumulated usage bill amount.

Eircom.ie do not issue bills on behalf of Eircom net. The money you pay for dialling a local POP number goes to Eircom.ie.

Frank,

Re:- My internet online bill.

I paid my last bill for my internet calls and my voice calls together as one total of Euros 503.82, as issued to me by eircom.ie,on 13th September 2002 "But"- _**payable by 27th September 2002 to** "eircom Ltd".

Do you not agree that something is going on as as far as I can recall I used to pay Eircom.plc??... at a different address.

If you disagree. Then I respectfully suggest you ring eircom accounts on and clarify the matter, as I have just spoken to them and even the lady in eircom accounts was surprised that I had to pay "eircom Ltd, but after going and checking !! she came back online and stated that I was correct and all accounts are now payable to - eircom Ltd at a new p.o. box number.

All the best.

Paddy20.

Paddy
    A PLC is quoted on the stock exchange-Eircom is now a private limited company. It can no longer claim to be a plc.
    Companys can chage the address of their billing dept whenever they want. I believe MBNA did so recently..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Do you not agree that something is going on as as far as I can recall I used to pay Eircom.plc??... at a different address

There's nothing going on, it's not a plc anymore.

Advertisement