Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan Baros...

• 25-09-2002 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭

Despite a "bad" result tonight, making it very difficult as always but what the hell im used to it at this stage but my heart isnt lol. To have hit the post 3 times was damn unlucky although pld to the Basel keeper he was great tonight.

The handball from the free kick .. how the ref missed it or his linesman was irritible to say the least..

Anyway all that aside, watching the game tonight and watching a certain young man wearing the number 5 was truely beautiful. He reminded so much of God it was uncanny, his great ability in the air, good first touch, great head for the game it was great. A magnificient finish from a bad ball from Emile, so unlucky to hit the post, a great header saved magnificiently... On another night these would have gone in, but alas it wasnt to be, no matter what happens to Liverpool in this campaign its great to see a player like Milan getting into the team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Here here !!

I thought that he should have been in the side more last year, but in heinsight, sir Gerard seems to have been spot on. He still has lots to improve on but I do admit I got a shiver down my spine when Milan put pen to paper last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Milan is pure class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

As a Man Yoo fan it pains me to say but yea he looks a class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

As a Liverpool fan it pains me to say this but
    Tis a shame he has only one foot, am sure he would have scored another last night if instead of turning on the ball, he struck it with his left. As for the goal, which was a cracker, most strikers would have hit it with their left, he was v lucky that there was no defender near him, they woiuld have had ample time to get a tackle in with him letting it across his body like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Yup he is a class player alright.

I think he has 4 goals in 3 games. Not a bad record at all.
    We should have won. Very unlucky to hit the post.

Going totally off topic though *sorry*.....why does heskey play left wing when we could put Diouf out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yeah he looks class. if we got duff we would be a champiohship winning team.

It pains me to say this but i can not see us catching Arsenal.

Baros will be top class in a few years considering he is only 21.

when he gets to thirity he will be world class.

the whole liverpool strikeforce is still young.

Come on Liverpool.:cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So ye will be waiting another 9 years for a first Premier title !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Milan Barros reminds me of a Owen when he first broke through,
    full of life and have-a-go heroics, only taller (It was nearly funny to see St Michael trying to out-head the Basel defence last night).

On the game, boy how many shots on goal were there? 15, 20 even? Steven Gerrard had a great game except for his actual
    shots on goal, Murphy had a poor one though.

Still we've been here before and as Valencia will proberly beat Basel, second place is still on.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Baros is class alright but what the hells happened to Owen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by embee
    Baros is class alright but what the hells happened to Owen?

Hes having a bad patch, every player has them, hes lacking in donfidence atm, once he gets a goal from open play im sure he will be fine :)

One thing everyone forgets is the lad is only 22, he is still very young and has the finest years of his striking life ahead of him. Tbh people badmouthing players like owen about how " crap " he is etc etc sums up how little they know of him/ the game in general, but thats my 3 cents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Baros has played about 4 games now. Big deal!

Let's stop calling him world-class and judge him on his contributions when we have to play the likes of Arsenal. Thats when the REAL players make themselves known.

Advertisement