Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are the Gunners genuine contenders for the Champions league?

• 26-09-2002 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭

Wow!

They fairly thumped PSV and laid that away record to rest.
    I think Denis Bergkamp traveling had a fair but to do with it, but the Gunner seem to be getting stronger, i think there playing better than this time last year anyway!

So do you ythink thay have a real shot at winning the Champions League? (Imagine a team that actually won its domestic league might actually win the CL this year!)

Or are they nowhere near Real, Bayern etc.?

X

Are the gunners contenders or Pretenders for the Champions League 14 votes

Contenders
    0% 0 votes
    Pretenders
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I do think they are genuine contenders this year, and are definitely playing the best football in hte premiership. But I think United tend to do better then them in Europe to date, and I am hoping that does not change.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They are easily capable of beating any team in the CL, wether they can manage to maintain the form to do that for the whole competition is the problem.

I think they will win it.

Then again, i'm biased :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I think Arsenal have peaked way to early in the season,after all they dont give out the trophies until May.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I do think they are serious contenders but the defence is still dodgy and if Real get at them they will have serious problems.

I see them getting to the semis this season but who knows after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think they have a good chance to win it but they will need to stay in form.

PSV made them look VERY ordinary in the 1st half at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Think they may have trouble against the likes of Real, but in all honesty, Brazil would have trouble against Real.

I have backed them to get into the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Arsenal on their day can give any team a game. However, unless its the day after the Real Madrid xmas party i would have serious doubts about thier chances against the Fantasy Football XI.

Having said that, 4-0 away from home against PSV is a great result and bodes well for the next group stage..... (/me bangs every finger i have against some wood)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

No chance.

Any team that would tolerate a key player not flying to away games clearly doesn't have what it takes to sieze the ultimate prize in club football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Arsenal are the next real madrid of course they can do it

(by the way im a liverpool fan, but watching arsenal play football is just amazing they play the way football should be played)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

THEY wont be beaten this season except in the cups in england. they will field the reserves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement