Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest internet cafe to burn CD's

• 26-09-2002 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just discovered emusic and I need to find the internet cafe with the cheapest CD burning with a fast connection.

Ideas? doesnotcompute?

[you can talk about it, but don't advertise for it]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

What part of the country are you in?? Allot of places wont let you download music off the net and burn it on to cd it’s called copyright infringement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i'd like to know the answer to this also, most cafe when i try to download i get a error message, and havent gone to one yet with a cdrw drive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

god u were a muppet for advertising like ffs ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Doesnotcompute will burn a CD for you & give your the cd for €1.30 for small files.

They do the same with a large or large files for €4.00 and give you a cd.

They have to do it behind the counter in the Temple Bar branch.

Also you cant http download without screwing up the pings in the place, and then you have 20 people shouting at you to 'STOP D0WNLOADING!!!!" :) in chinese accents,,,, quite funny acutally.

If you want to download, use p2p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Must say it is really funny when that happens :D

As far as i know Ye@h on dawson st. (Dublin City Centre) will also do it for you. I usually go into dNC though. Or spend a week getting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

DNC Temple Bar has a 1meg leased line between 25 pc's so I think that makes it the fastest per seat in Ireland. (But I could be wrong).

One thing to keep in mind we are not in the habit of encouraging music piracy so we may not copy cd's for you if we feel it is anything illegal.

(blatant advertising really, sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i'm pretty sure emusic is a legal site btw folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Werl, iirc Hyperlynx (Coyote's cafe) has a 1meg line between 14 or so computers. Net House in Eustace Street has a load of PCs with burners, but try burning dodgy software or music while I'm there and you'll find yourself out on your ear. Emusic does seem to be legit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Originally posted by irishguy
    What part of the country are you in?? Allot of places wont let you download music off the net and burn it on to cd it’s called copyright infringement

umm Check out my post before you start accusing me of piracy. Emusic is a pay site where you download mp3's legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Originally posted by elexes

god u were a muppet for advertising like ffs ...

hey mate take your problems out on some one else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i will .... now where did i put that clown ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I do some IT work for a well known cybercafe in Galway. I added in a CDRW drive on one of the Pc's that was to be used for digital cameras scanning images ect ect. Anyway we employed this tosser from the States for the summer. I had been away for about a week when I got an urgent call to come in. The idiot had put up a banner saying "have your music cd's burned for £3". The gardas had been in an confiscated the pc and we all had to go to the station to make statements to say this idiot had done it off his own back and we that we did not endorse the copying of copyright material. It still isn't fully sorted out...

Sorry for taking this thread a bit off a tangent....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Where would you say the best place in Cork is for downloading stuff and getting CD's burned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

used nethouse [oliver plunkett street, i think] the last time i downloaded the sof2 patch.

you buy the cd, and burn watever you wish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

net house r relatively spensive that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

To clear up the Net House position:

In Dublin its 4 Euro to burn a CD if you want the staff mem to do it for you. Our branch in Eustace St has client machines with Burners on them. There is no cost outside the time spent on the machines to burn CD's in this case*.

In Cork its 3 Euro to burn a CD. Again in Cork there are CD burners on 8 of the client machines. Same applies as in Eustace St.

Let me absolutly clear about something though, just in case there is any confusion. Net House does not support illegal copying of music and music piracy in any form. The public CD burners are there strictly to provide people with the ability to back up their CD's or to burn data files / legal music. Period. It should also be noted that anyone seen using Kazaa or any other file sharing p2p clients will be asked to immediately stop using them.

* While its the staff's job to give you pointers in how to burn CD's, they will not do it for you at your machine. This is not an option for people who dont know how to use windows.

Advertisement