Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Problem

Options
  • 26-09-2002 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

I am trying to calculate something.
    i need to be able to select a bar size from a drop down box and then for the correct weight of the bar to be shown in another column. how do i do this.

also there will be one bar to each row so will that mean one drop down box to each row or is there another way to do it.

I can work out the rest myself. i know you can do it but dont know how to go about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

here is a link to a screenshot.

http://www.boards.ie/members/irishgeo/example.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Ok irishgeo,

I hope this is what you want.

First setup two cols with a list of bars and corresponding weights, this your master list. Then, where you want the drop down boxes(Third column?), highlight the cells, goto menu: Data\Validation, settings tab, select Allow=list and point source your list of bars. Click OK.
    In the fourth col, use a vlookup on the 3rd col value, looking in the master list. (You may also want to use an IF statement to ignore blank cells)
    If I haven't explained this properly or you need an example, let me know.

Rgds,
    Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭coupe 02

i have an excel document that is a rc bar scheduler, is this what your aiming at, this calculates the lenghts etc when you put in the shape codes and gives the weights etc.

Advertisement