Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Powernet, anyone have it or care to comment on it ?

Options
  • 26-09-2002 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Alright, im living in limerick, and im thinking about getting in Chorus' Powernet connection, its the wireless one.

Does anyone have this? Any trouble/woes with it?
    Is there another option other than this, i am also considering getting in a dual ISDN and signing up with UTVip. Also, was told by an Esat drone that DSL aint available for residential area's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i have powernet about a year and a half and it works fine for me only problem is getting it installed because it took me 6 months for them to come but when they did it was done in half a day it reaely breaks down and when it does its back up in a few hours.I have no problems with it [thats because i have any contact with chorus] but i think they are charging €100 per month for it now its a bit steep i think thats with a 6 gig cap,also i have got download speeds of up to 4.5 mbits/s [mointered using DU meter]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I think their product in Limerick is aimed at business users, but I have heard positive things from Powernet users in Thurles, Conmel and Kilkenny. I have seen download speed tests that far outstrip whats available from ADSL.

I am familar with the peeps who run the Powernet end of things at Chorus, they seem a nice amicable bunch, give em a call and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by MDR
    I have heard positive things from Powernet users in Thurles, Conmel and Kilkenny. I have seen download speed tests that far outstrip whats available from ADSL.

powernet is not avilable in Thurles, Conmel or Kilkenny cablenet(i think thats what its called) is avilable there
    powernet is a wireless service cablenet isnt

Advertisement