Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

home

• 26-09-2002 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i hate being at home , i dread going there all the time , i spend all the time i am there in my room , waiting to go to work or college.i cant afford to move out , but i am very unhappy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You dont contain enuff detail to warrant a constructive response :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

How do you know if you've moved out that you won't spend all your time in your room, waiting to go to work or college? Join some societies in college, they usually organise a lot of evening activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Stop being such a lazy ole fart and get off your arse and join some college club or society as CodeMonkey has already said.

Sitting around at home feeling sorry for yourself isn't gonna help. You need to become more active, get involved, go to the pub with college mates, even get out and go for a wake, allows ya to get fresh air too.

I am living at home while I attend college too, its not all bad, as I say get involved in groups and that. Get some exercise.

Hope that helps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Unregistered
    i hate being at home , i dread going there all the time , i spend all the time i am there in my room , waiting to go to work or college.i cant afford to move out , but i am very unhappy.

Burn down the house with extreme prejudice.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

why do you hate home so much?

Is it a problem that can be solved? If not, then you should move out if you can afford it, or else try doing more stuff outside. it will be worth it to make yourself happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"waiting to go to work or college.i cant afford to move out , but i am very unhappy."

Hmmmmm... maybe he means he's not in college yet? Perhaps someone in his early teens who just can't stand his family.

If so, how does memphis expect him to join a college club? :rolleyes: YOU try joining a college club when you're not in college ;)...

The best thing to do is join as many clubs as possible - swimming, drama, whatever. Make a wide group of friends in each said club and go out with them whenever possible. In addition to school, you'll find yourself spending less and less time at home! Et voila, problem essentially solved, albeit temporarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Join some societies in college

I couldn't agree more.

Joining a Society or Club is a great way to meet new people. I've met hundreds of people through my involvement in Societies, quite a few of whom have become very good friends. Now I'm involved in NUI, Galway Computer Society, but theres a society out there to suit everyone (and I really mean everyone) and the vast majority of people who make any effort to become involved only have good things to say.

Societies (and Clubs) have a lot of evening activities that will keep you out of the house for a few extra hours and you'll have a lot of fun and meet some great people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Originally posted by NoelRock
    "If so, how does memphis expect him to join a college club? :rolleyes: YOU try joining a college club when you're not in college ;)...

if you re-read the original post you'll see that the guy says all he does is sit in his room waiting to go to college or work. The way I pick that up is he is in college and has a part time job, and all he does is wait around at home feeling sorry for himself before its time to go to these places.

he needs to get out more. No sympathy from me pal.
    Good luck!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mm, i'm in the exact same boat as you pal and all you need to do is get out more and care less.

you are enough in yourself to do what you must do, **** everyone else and **** their needs, be strong enough to do what you want and stand up for yourself.

don't be afraid of not having the perfect home, you deserve your own happiness, and it need not come at the expense of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

Join the Young Greens!

And vote yes to Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by strawberry
    Join the Young Greens!

And vote yes to Nice!
    eh the greens are against Nice :p

Advertisement