Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Wanted To Break Free

Options
  • 26-09-2002 3:47pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

"Free from your lies you're so self-satisfied, I dont need you.... I've got to break free."

Curious when you think of the lyrics neh?

Anyway, it occured to me today that finally I have broken free.
    Not a penny of my personal cash goes to Eircom.* for anything.
    I dont have a house phone with them (I use my O2 mobile) and I got broadband from Leap. I dont even pay them carrier charges as Leap use wireless line-of-sight for the last mile and NTL for upstream.

I'm finally free.... 0... thats what I contribute to the Eircom directors fat cheques. And it feels great ;)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Cool. I'll be breaking free in January by going to Australia :)

Lets all do our bit

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

dev = lucky git :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I'd dearly love to never have to give those cretins another Cent but being from the Capital means we're stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

*mutters* some day, some day...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Originally posted by LoBo
    Cool. I'll be breaking free in January by going to Australia :)

Lets all do our bit

Lucky SOB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by LFCFan
    eircon.gif

Hate to be the one to say it but... careful with that image. eircom would be well within their rights to get legal on your ass over it...

oh, and fair play for breakin' free DeV :)

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 68,995 ✭✭✭✭L1011

tried the 'no money to eircom' thing once.... suffering even slow speed net widthdrawl symptoms and using a mobile network with 55% coverage (you know who...) forces you back... and anyway, Vodafone bought Eircell, so they are fine now....

I may emigrate to a country with a real telecoms network some day.... the weeks with the GSM modem due to being in a house that couldn't get a phone line weren't fun either...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

with the 64k line rental and phone calls, I give €ircon about 55 a month. But with an exception this month. I asked NTL to cut me off, and give me notice when it'll be done. and yet, they didnt give me notice before cutting me off, leaving me with a nice €200 bill for dialing the international ntl number. brilliant!...bastards..

Advertisement