Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSX => USB (Joypad Converter)

Options
  • 26-09-2002 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Just picked up one of these fellahs from Peats (Dublin), so for those of you who can't/won't order one off the 'net - head into Peats... they're upstairs beside the network cables. (€20)
    The only thing was, when I bought it... I was sure we had some old PSX joypads lying around the house, but alas - I had to go out and buy a new PS2 pad (€35)
    Both analog sticks and all buttons work, along with fully functioning 'rumble'/'duel-shock' features via DirectX.
    Pretty sweet if you're into Playstation emu's, and nice for general purpose PC gaming if you're not.

Just thought I'd share that bit of info, since I didn't think they were widely available over here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

got one off lik-sang about a year ago because i couldnt find one anywhere in dublin. cost a few quid for shipping. they are great though, much better than anything made specifically for the pc plus it works for absolutly every type of game to is a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should have got Adaptoid for N64 pad to PC .

Sweet

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

What do you think of this pad?

http://us.thrustmaster.com/products/lookproduct.php3?skin=Gamepads&productid=9

Has anyone used one of these, or seen one?

What shape is the d-pad?

in the big picture it has rounded edges but in the 3D view it is flat, with pointed edges.. :confused: anyone got any ideas to which is the right picture , I think the d-pad in the 3D picture looks best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by kdja
    I'm not too crazy about the N64 pads really, I have a PC clone of one already, and besides - the PS2 joypads have more buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Probably worth noting that those things dont really work under XP.
    We had a few back with that, There was no update on the companys website last time I checked either. Im running XP and I bought one but I havnt had a chance to try it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by kdja

well worth the money. had one for about 2 years now. never had a problem with it. and it does indeed work in winxp

Advertisement