Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damien Duff

• 26-09-2002 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

What should be done with Damien Duff in the Ireland squad?

what should be done with Duff 31 votes

put im on the wing, scrap Kilbane and put morrison up front.
    0% 0 votes
    Keep duff centre forward, let Thomas Butler replace kilbane
    96% 30 votes
    Keep things the way they are with duff centre forward and Kilbane on the wing.
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'd prefer someone else up front instead of Morisson tbh :(
    WHo else we got tho thats any way decent? anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

It's stupid putting Duff up front,here we have one of the best wingers in the world yet Mick would rather stick him up front to get lumps kicked out of him by centre Halfs,If Graham Barrett ever gets his act together at Arsenal he has the potential to be a top class striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

You have to play your best players in their best position, not where you happen to need them most. If only McCarthy would recognise this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Sposs
    If Graham Barrett ever gets his act together at Arsenal he has the potential to be a top class striker.

Its very unlikely he will work out at arsenal if you look at the other players in the squad. Hes out on loan at some club (that escapes me atm....stoke? someone like that) and while id kill to see a young irish striker in the red and white again, I think it would probably be better for his career to get a move to some mid-table premiership club where he may be able to break into the first team.

Mind you, In Wenger We Trust and youve got to wonder why he hasnt got rid of him.

Anyway , on topic, even a McCarthy supporter like me can see that hes insane to play Duff on the wing. There isnt much of an argument to support playing him upfront now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bring back Ronnie O Brien...

Duff on the Wing, Clint & Robbie up fornt with the option of bringing on the even more diminutive David Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Hear hear, my sentiments exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

>even more diminutive David Connolly

There are other ways to describe David Connolly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

yeah hes ****e

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Hmm...put Duff on the wing definately, don't know if we should get rid of Kilbane though, he's actually a decent player a lot of the time (if we ignore his Sunderland preformances...)

I'm sorry but apart from his pace ( :rolleyes: ) the mans got very little. I dont think ive ever seen him stick in a decent cross, ever.

He works hard an all but that doesn't always cut it.

• Advertisement

Article in the paper yesterday about this, seems someone has been stealing boardsie ideas again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

<I'm sorry but apart from his pace ( ) the mans got very little. I dont think ive ever seen him stick in a decent cross, ever.>

WHO EVER YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING ITS NOT DUFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Leave kilbane out left morison and keane up front and play duff just behind them with a free role is the best idea!!! duff would run a MUCK if given a free role.

P.S. MAn U have a agreement in his contract with blackburn that there buying him next season for 15mill

I'm sorry but apart from his pace the mans got very little. I dont think ive ever seen him stick in a decent cross, ever.

Not much of a contribution to tonight's game either :D

Originally posted by JACK666
    <I'm sorry but apart from his pace ( ) the mans got very little. I dont think ive ever seen him stick in a decent cross, ever.>

WHO EVER YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING ITS NOT DUFF.

Lol. im well aware it wasnt Duff. I was talking about Kilbane :p
    soz for not making that clear :)

I missed tonights game. Im thinking that from thanx 4 the fish's post that Duff didnt do much tonight?

Won the penalty for the first and scored the second...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

Duff on the wing, definitely. The whole midfield needs to be tightened up. Bring in Colin Healy!

rofl i missed the ' :D ' .
    ignore me :x

Advertisement