Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Ploughing Championship

Options
  • 26-09-2002 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

It would have been so cool if I was a farmer.
    It was like €2 for a 500ml bottle, however this coulda been a price for people who were not wearing twaid jackets and caps.

Overall a good day out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hehehe.

NIce to know the *non-farmers* got a godo day out of it.

mind you...it's been a few years since me and a few mates hired a taxi to go just to get outta skool! but with all the car stalls and stuff [not to mention the beer tents!] twas worth a few hours there.

Couldn't stomach a full day there all the same.

Great thing about it is the passing trade Stradbally gets from the ppl coming to the plowing. I've had a nice crowd in the past few days in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I went with my school as part of LCVP.

The rules were strict, Go anywhere near a bar tent, have fun walking home,also with the threath of expulsion I stayed well away from the bars.

Still thought It beat a day of skool and a double-class of geography hands down.

Didnt watch the ploughing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Didnt watch the ploughing though

LOL! Who does?! [aside from the farmers!]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

There was manual-ploughing or horse-ploughing there which was probably 10X more boring and 10X more slow

Advertisement