Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

edges and transparency

Options
  • 27-09-2002 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm sure I, like anyone in the web design industry think layers are just brilliant, especially for building graphically dynamic websites. The problem I have is with images.

I have say two images, one a multicolored background image.

Another image that will have a transparent background say a cartoon character.

Now I have this character in illustrator format. I save it to web format but I have to choose a matt color. Now the background I have has too many diverse colors for it to work (the edges are “glowing” were the matt color doesn’t match the background color at that point) and also I plan on having the image, which will be on a layer move.

Browsers for some strange reason don’t support alpha transparency. At least I do think they do. So how can I get a smooth edge on my cartoon character?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement