Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone insurance

Options
  • 27-09-2002 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

I have just pruchassed an Nokia 6310. I am considering taking out insurance, with the Carphone Warehouse, to cover my phone. I have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me out with.

- How much should I expect to pay approx ?

- Who offers the best deal?

- Are their any catches/clauses that I should look out for?

- If my phone needs replacing do I still need to hand over money of some sort (like a claiming fee for example).

- Any bad expeirences out there?

- Any good expeirences out there?

Cheers
    Frea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

1. offering from CPW and from your operator ...if it is a bill fone.

operators typically charge €50 a year paid in monthly installments incl taxes.

2. Check the excess, the amount you pay the insurer before they kick in and pay the rest, expect that you have to pay the first €30 of a claim.

3. Cjheck transport costs, if they bill extra for those ...say if that phone is repairable.

4. Check loan phone availability while your claim is being processed (for repair). Is it free or not?

5. Check exclusions, one insurerer out there will not cough if you leave the fone in a pub, if it falls out of your pocket outside the pub then fine apparently.

6. Remember that the operator knows where the fone is to within a mile or so at all times while it is switched on so no silly porky pies if you claim.

7. If you pay contract then get a Meteor sim with the same number beginning 085 for €15 and back your other network sim onto it, all sims nowadays can take 250 numbers or so. You may need it some day

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

anyone know if its possible to insure a sim free (non contract) phone ? And if so , with whom ?

Advertisement