Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 commandments of Boards

• 27-09-2002 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

1. This is the one true board. Thou shalt not have strange boards before this
    2. Thou shalt not take the name of the admins in vain
    3. Thou shall post frequently and coherently
    4. Honor thy moderator
    5. Thou shalt not spam
    6. Thou shalt not commit muppetry
    7. Thou shalt not plagerise and claim it is thine own
    8. Thou shalt not pimp thine own site without cash changing hands
    9. Thou shalt not envy thy neighbours post count
    10. Thou shalt not break the laws of the sig

and so it was written

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My Lame attempt:

The Seven Deadly Sins of boards.ie
    Post Count Pride. The belief that a high post count makes people listen to you, and taints your ability to notice that you're just posting spam. (j00 r such a n00b)

Envy is the desire for others' post counts, moderator status, or posting abilities.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to post more than that which one topic requires. (lol. lol. lol@me. lol)

Lust (a/s/l?)

Anger is manifested in the mod/admin who has drank too much, and bans everyone from his/her forums over a trivial remark. (Glenstal)

Greed is the desire for material gain, ignoring the fact that it's just an internet forum. (Can I be moderator here too?)

Sloth is the avoidance of physical work. A particular vice among all boards.ie posters. (Man, I'm soo hungover, I'm not doing a f*cking thing today)

Apologies for this. I am cringing just thinking about posting this. But.....I......must

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I am cringing just thinking about posting this. But.....I...must

does this mean Seamus that you have committed the deadly sin Post Count Pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

now if you would kindly link each commandment to an explicit utterance by the Supreme Deity himself it could be stickied globally so it could,

after all you are but Moses coming down the mountain with the pills...sorry the tablets.

eg....

8 Thou shalt not Pimp thine own site without cash changing hands

would be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Thou shalt not plagerise and claim it is thine own

Point of order.

Talent borrows, Genius steals!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I got one... don't make useless topics like this on the board again... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement