Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BroadBand for all (the only cheap solution available)

Options
  • 27-09-2002 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

For people that stil dont know or are not sure here is the deal..
    This is all offpeak package but is all thats available
    (GAMMERS PLEASE LEAVE NOW :D )

Subscribe to UTVip/esat offpeak service (for dial up)= From €10.99pm
    Subscribe to www.netsystem.com (for fast downloads 300kbs upto 1MB)=€30 mp

Total Cost starting from = €41.99pm (€1.40 per day)

What you need:
    pci DVB sat card or USB external Sat Modem
    Sky digital dish (pointed at 19.2 E)
    Satalite finder and Compass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

This has been covered in a few previous satelite threads. It also smells of pimpage :)

Moving to nets/comms

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

You know, someone from sweden coming here and reading this thread would find this extremely funny.

God this is the most depressing thread I think I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Pimpage after you banning ...brave !!

Anyway a word of warning about netsystem, it is very rarely as fast as advertised. Multithreading you can get about 20-25k downloads but i havent seen it go much higher.

Europe onlines skybooster however is flying along, Im getting 1.2Mb/sec downloads on that for some reason but ive cancelled it and wont have it in a few weeks due to it not being an off-peak service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

This has been covered in a few previous satelite threads. It also smells of pimpage

Let me just rephrase that for you Dustaz...

This has been covered in a few previous satelite threads. It also smells of (Idiots guide to IRISH broadband) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'm certainly interested, but how much would a satellite dish cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    I'm certainly interested, but how much would a satellite dish cost?

I think you can get something similar to a sky minidish for around €50/60

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Thats the current setup I have now but your post is kinda misleading. First off for anyone interested in netsystem you will get speeds of around 100kish UPTO 300(but its usually low 100's) from 6pm to2am and if you sign up for their extra effeto note package for 9euros extra you will get speeds of UP TO 1megabit from 2am to 8am but it usually never reaches that.

Advertisement