Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

:k: apple.com hacked ?

• 27-09-2002 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Go to www.apple.com/mpeg4 At the very bottom is a link (":k:") that leads to uncaptheride.com/babble.html. The page isn't blank, just white on white; it's a message in French.
    Additionally, at uncaptheride.com/, there's more mysterious stuff, leading, eventually, to august06.com.
    Googling around, I stumble on bmwfilms-hq.com, which explains that the whole thing is one of those alternate-reality conspiracy web games (a la the Artificial Intelligence movie promotion) having to to with BMW Films.

My question: what the heck is this link doing on apple.com? Is this some kind of BMW/Apple cross-promotion? And, if I win, do I get a prize? :P "

More investigation is underway at Collective Detective. After you register for your free account, join the ":k:" Case

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Translated, the French means:

"I know that you have a special place in your heart for beemers. You must see my black 1974 2002 coupe. Check the New York Times classified first on August 14, 2002."

eh... wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its gone?

And how in the hell did you notice it?...

Ivan

its not gone

www.apple.com/mpeg4

DannyD had a "." at the end of the url.

Originally posted by Bard
    Translated, the French means:

"I know that you have a special place in your heart for beemers. You must see my black 1974 2002 coupe. Check the New York Times classified first on August 14, 2002."

eh... wtf?
    Maybe trying searching on the New York Times website classified ads for stuff on that date about a "black 1974 2002 coupe?"

I'm strangely intrigued now...I cant see it...

Ivan

Ah got it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its viral marketing you retards :)

sheesh, thought you security types would know better:)

Viral Marketing? Sorry I'm a computer nerd not a business nerd :P

No seriously I'm hooked now...its probably some fúck up but hey...

Ivan

so it seems someone on Apple is selling their black BMW Coupé car... and they've cheekily put a link on the Apple site to it.

T'ch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

omg you morons :)

BMW paid apple to include this stuff. Its an Ad for BMW.

pretty sh*t ad, tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Might also to do with the fact that a new lot of BMW Movies are coming out and will probably be in Quicktime format and downloadable from the Apple website.

/me awaits thread to be moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Got you lot hooked, didn't it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

marketing.pure and simple. it got you hooked didn't it:) *sniffle*

Advertisement