Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eine Problem

• 27-09-2002 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

I have a Hercules Geforce II GTS, i just installed it on my com having removed my creative GF II mx.

The card was working perfectly yesterday and works fine on other coms.

But when i install it on mine i get this kind of sh!te :/(attatchment)

its the same with any graphical image its like having little gremlins on your screen

any suggestions help would be much apreciated.

Oh and it's nothing to do with the drivers, i installed the original ones

Cheers,

Samba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

graphics card is either getting too hot or is overclocked... check the heatsink/fans or underclock it to see if that makes any difference to image quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

tried, stuck an extra fan right on the core and i underclocked it(it wasnt overclocked) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

You need to remove the hercules P O S fan and put the titan in it's place, I thought I had made this clear, it was fine in my system only because there was an 80mm fan blowing straight onto the core, that little fan you have needs to be on the underside, not the topside, get a screwdriver, find screws that will fit into the heatsink, then you shall be able to enjoy a half decent gfx card as opposed to that creative gf2mx SDR poo poo. Have a good afternoon, btw if you try running ut2k3 with the card overheating like that your com will hard lock.

That hercules fan wouldn't cool a hot forehead.

Advertisement