Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A forum on Europe.....

• 27-09-2002 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

I have a suggestion for a board.

Mostly it stems from the contentious issue that Europe so obviously has become and will continue to be for Ireland as the EU solidifies into a Federal state and a Superpower in the making.

As you may have guessed I am suggesting a board devoted to discussing Europe and the European Union. I think with the amount of traffic issues related to Europe are getting on politics and the fact that issues related to the EU won't be going away anytime soon that a board/forum specifically aimed at discussing things about Europe would be a good and useful thing.

Feel free to cast random aspersions on this suggestion at your discression

Bod. aka Typedef

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

good idea.

maybe even combine it with the new "euro price hikes" forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

That could be an idea. It was the EPH forum itself and the massive postings on politics that got me thinking some sort of forum on European integration,treaties and events within the EU and how those events effect Ireland would be fun/cool/interesting.

The Taoiseach has been killed by anti-Nice protesters...
    Carlsberg don't do psuedo sigs, but if they did, they'd be the best pseudo sigs in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw I think that the politics forum is the ideal location for European discussions. Once the Nice treaty has been run the level of posting on Europe will fall (nomatter what the outcome is). In the short term maybe rename Politics to "Politics & Nice Treaty" so people realise that it is the forum to discuss this topic.

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think Gandie is right, the politics forum is fine, we might rename it alright but I dont think for the time left it needs a forum right now...

DeV.

Advertisement