Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Playlists

Options
  • 27-09-2002 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Why is that all the big radio stations play such crap. I mean on today fm this afternoon, DJ was asking peple to txt their favourite songs in, and maybe he play them. Thing is all the songs they said wouldnt really have a snowballs chance in hell of getting airplay. Seems some dude in a suit decides what DJs can and cant play. I mean if people are requesting these songs why dont they play them. Look at the album charts for example, one of the biggest selling albums in Ireland this week is Bon Jovi's new album, yet their current single gets hardly any air play. Do these staions not listen to the people, are do they just think we all love Britney and her like.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

It all runs on what is known in the states as the universal lubricant-money.Louis Walsh can go up to the director of 2FM and the like saying"Heres 7 grand.I want Westlife played X amount of times a day and Six played X more times per day in the next 3 months".Im not saying that this is for certain what happens but I would have my suspicions that airplay is bought with bribes,free holidays and the like.
    As you say the most popular in the country may be band X but their single may only get played twice a day on mainstream stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

well we all know that radio licences are gotten with bribes so why would the playslists be any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brib-er plugging is one of radios oldest scams, and without which we would never had B*witched or S Club 7,
    so its not all bad! Ahem.

If you want decent music start your own station. Broadcast or listen to web music, just think when you have broadband at €30 a month this will be feasible.

Mike.

Advertisement