Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gimme A *Good* Reason For A Protest

Options
  • 27-09-2002 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

i'm bored yet again. but this time it's in a mighty productive way, like yesterday i painted my wall to look like there was blood dripping down it and then i glued a load of feathers to my wardrobe dealie.

but i digress- ladies and gentlemen if you would be so kind as to give me a fairly good excuse to have a protest/street party i would be most grateful. you're all welcome to join me by the way, i just need a cause first and then i'll do all the organising. :D
    sHep :cool:

preferrably i'd like a reason to have a street party if you please. ;) (ah the gramatical weirdness of my sentences...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

your nick tbh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

um... Maths Nerds are our superiors.. or just something traditional like "Down With Disney and Child Labour <not to mention SUBSTANDARD cartoons these days>"

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

How about a protest on how evil George W. Bush and his butt sucker monkey, Tony Blair are. I just hate them SOOOO much!!!! And I don't hate many people. Hell, I don't hate Hitler, I just think he was insane (I did hate his actions, I just don't think he was right in the head).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Am I confusing myself or were u the one who said something in Hitler's praise in a debate in Sesh 1? :p

And I have to second that down with Bush and Blair suggestion. It sounds lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

Boy bands should be neutered.

Or that the government provide one free pizza a year to every man, woman and child.

Or that we need more sunshine in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Am I confusing myself or were u the one who said something in Hitler's praise in a debate in Sesh 1?

nah that was Cian, and he should win a prize for phrasing things badly, I mean coming into a debate with the words "In a way, hitler was right" <slaps himself in the head>

This reminds me of my class for the first week of 01' it was jornalism and our instructor had a degree in philosphy (he was cool, one of the guys behind The Evil Gerald ) and no matter what we where talking about we always seemed to end up talking about nazi propaganda *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i'm afraid the anti-bush one was done on saturday. :( i was at some of it, there were a *lot* of people. ffff*ck i have to go do a play report. chrissakes, i'm in 4th year and i have to do work!! what's with that?! those hairy motherf*cking b*stard f*ckers....:mad:

incidentally, keep the ideas coming. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

protest about the overly large amount of silly protests. Call yourself the Irony Movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

you think so cleverly - The Irony movement? I'm in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sounds great! What about another Reclaim the Streets party. Doesn't seem you can go wrong does it? Even the prospective riot will encourage some people. ie. Me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

sellafield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Yes Sven, maths nerds are so your superiors.........

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

How about an "Everything's Fine, Keep up the Good Work" protest? That'll show 'em!

the sellafield one is always being done by someone, i want something......else. for want of a better word. :rolleyes: which is why i like the irony movement idea, it's pretty much what our generation stands for....
    and if not our generation, me. now we needs to organise it...sh*t, i said i'd do that part by myself didn't i? so....y'know the way i love you all and think of you as gods and other such grovelly things.......help me?

i'll love you....?.......

i'm also in favour of an everything's fine protest. :D
    reclaim the streets is a big movement thing that none of us are actually part of so we can't organise one of those really. we could, i suppose, and they'd support us and all but it's not really what i had in mind. and they're not planning on doing another one til next year sometime, though there's no way this'll be ready til then anyway............hmm...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

I was tricked into joining the SWP at the War In Iraq one :P

Always beware what you sign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Guest

ROFLMAO!!!you werent tricked you asked to join:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Fire. fire is a good reason to protest AND have a street party. or have a protest concerning the sterotypes placed on the youth today by having a street party for under 18's and make sure it doesnt degenerate into shite.

but of course it's gonna degenerate into sh*te if it's only for under 18s, most of us are muppets at the back of it all. :p and the most fun about street parties is all the diversity and such. it's not about restrictions.
    emm....the fire one could be quite amusing though....:D
    again, please keep the ideas coming (in the non-innuendous [?] sense of the word).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

A good reason.... hmmmm..... hows about a protest in support of protests. If you want it can be in support of banned protests in places like Saudi Arabia, but really it means "we are protesting cause we want to".

I like it..... i think...:confused: help...

• Advertisement

that's actually really good....yay for you and your smartness. :D

My smartness? I'm not smart... But I'm not dumb enough to embarrass myself by telling you how dumb I am...:rolleyes:

But anyway... is that one on then? And if so when? Christmas holiday?

well, it'll probably take longer than that to organise....but yeah, if you wanna help me it'll get done faster (sweet jeezus the grammar is weird). emm.....ye-es. i think that's the best idea so far.....either that or the everything's fine one. 'cept everything isn't fine...we could have one saying that everything sucks but we don't know how to fix it....we could call it the "can't someone else do it?" movement....heeheehee, that'd be fun actually....i don't know, i have a headache. :rolleyes:

We could use Foobar's idea but it'd have to stay clean, if you know what I mean. I don't know about you good people but a street party organised by some minors is not going to appease my parents for starters!

well i'm definitely up for trying it but i think having a street party for teenagers and keeping it clean is going to be bloody difficult. the anarchist people will help, they're always good for stuff like this...em...should i start contacting people? 's a pity we didn't start sooner coz we could've organised a big bonfire pagan-y thing for hallowe'en somewhere....f*ck it, it'll work for after christmas. any ideas on how to organise funds for this then?

Sell things! y house would be a real help, now where did I see those title deeds?!

there are ways around money... like tricking other people into paying... or ask someone who has money... i will donate some if needed

Advertisement