Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FFM users help! Europe on line - still on line?

• 27-09-2002 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭

My DVB PCI card's been borked for the last week, so not able to log in to EON/FFM.

Just seen the eoninside site's gone.

Does this mean FFM's caput?

I know some here used FFM. So what's up?

Jees, if it's gone I don't know what I'll do. Not even a chance of ADSL here.

Hoping for a swift reply here guys, need to get to the pub pronto & drown my sorrows if it's bad news.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Website is working for me:
    http://www.europeonline.com/en/index.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Originally posted by Dave Letterman
    Just seen the eoninside site's gone.

As you can see, I was not referring to EON's site, but one pertaining to FFM.

Found the info now anyway.

Limited to 700mB p/month.

But moves are afoot in the FFM community. Still need to get my borked PCI card replaced.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My subscription to EON is to end in next week or 2. Not sure if it's worth while renewing it or going down the path of Netsystem. Some say Netsystem is great (plus it's live, not scheduled), and some say its speeds are cack.

IIRC, Netsystem is €45 per month and EON is €15 pm though only for scheduled service which is cack without FFM.

OT slightly but for some odd reason FFM takes about 3 minutes to load. I'm sure it shouldn't take this long?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Some say Netsystem is great (plus it's live, not scheduled), and some say its speeds are cack.

It's both, depending on demand.

Actually worse for casual browsing (unless viewing heavy pages - large .jpegs etc...), but definately better for downloading.

I only get near the advertised speed at ungodly hours (like now), but even during evening use it averages 20kbs - 4 times 56k dialup.

TBH, with UTV's 150 hr deal, I don't see a need for Netsystem. It's actually quite expensive for what it is. Anything you can't fetch with EON (or pushed on FFM) you can now get cheaply with UTV, albeit at a more leisurely pace.

Got my PCI card back up & running today, so I'm back in business for another 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I only get near the advertised speed at ungodly hours (like now), but even during evening use it averages 20kbs - 4 times 56k dialup.

20kbs? I assume that means 20Kilobytes as opposed to kilobits?:confused: I think anything would be better than 28.8kbps dialup (luckily it's NoLimits)!

EON is grand but a lot of the stuff pushed is not what I sometimes want. If I had NS, I guess I could download what I want when I want... Though it's an added expense of €45.

I'm just thinking of applying for the Yahoo! offer with free DVB card, though I would intend to use the existing Skystar 2 card due to the grief I had installing it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement