Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subscription package from Eircom?..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Just got a call from a nice girl in Eircom enquiring as to why I had left them (Are you not happy with our service etc). I explained that flat rate internet was a priority and she replied that Eircom are planning something along these lines in the next few months and when they do bring it out could she call me back. I said sure,why not? Nice to see competition at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Omahaid,

Great news, Wonder if anyone else has had similar calls fom - Eircom?.

Your news is in my opinion worthy of a thread of its own? maybe the mods will post it up for comments, or you can do it yourself!

Suggest: Eircom turns on the charm to lost customers !!...

Best wishes,

Yours,

paddy20:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Paddy20,

Sorry for the presumption.

I've talked to a few of the Eircom techies this morning and they are expecting a fixed fee off peak offering, similar to EsatBT and UTVip. The idea of a full flat fee service from Eircom, they appear to find laughable, at least on the current infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by paddy20
    Your news is in my opinion worthy of a thread of its own? maybe the mods will post it up for comments, or you can do it yourself!

This isnt really news. They have been taling about this since the launch of the other 2 packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Originally posted by omahaid
    she replied that Eircom are planning something along these lines in the next few months

Well hurah for them.
    could she call me back. I said sure,why not?

I'll tell you why not.

For years they've screwed us, the customer. Now when finally a company (from outside the state) offers something worthwhile, which WILL eat into Eircom's profits, they "feel the need" to offer an alternative.

When Eircom do offer a similiar package to UTV, it will ONLY because of UTV's deal. We'd never see anything as long as they had no need to offer it.

So in this case why should ANYONE consider ANYTHING Eircom might offer.

UTV started the ball rolling & I think deserve loyalty for what they've done.

If it weren't for UTV do you think you'd have gotten a call from Eircom offering/announcing an off peak deal of any kind?

No.

They've screwed me enough at this stage. It even pains me to have to pay the buggers the line rental.

No to Nice, no to Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

David Letterman,

Totally agree with you.

All Eircom get from me now, is the line rental and having to let them have that makes me seeth with frustration. I have even moved my e-mail address too UTV.

Sad, but true and Eircom will cave in and offer practically anything when the Directors realise the PR disaster and number of clients they are losing?.

By the way, is the name David L not that of a well known American TV presenter?...

Good luck.

paddy20;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ye all have seen "sure why not" as a "Yes the minute you have something like utvip I shall return straight away". Try translating it as "sure why not" to "ring away, I dont mind telling you piss off". After 7 years online in Ireland (who remember's paying IOL subscription £15 a month and then local call rates) I'm well fed up and I'll tell anyone who'll listen, including my friendly (dopey) customer relation's slave at Eirc*nt's.

Originally posted by omahaid
    Ye all have seen "sure why not" as a "Yes the minute you have something like utvip I shall return straight away".

Fair enough.

I'm similiar though. Had a call recently (B4 UTV's offering) from a "friendly girl" from eircom:

HER: do you use the internet?
    ME: Yes.

HER: would you be interested in high speed access?

HER: shall I tell you about our special high speed package?

(I think she's hooked by now, greedily counting her commission already)

HER: it's high speed...
    ME: It's not ISDN is it? that 70s technology?

HER: err..., ah... yes...
    ME: 2 line rentals, double charges for IE access, only 112k if you're lucky, installation charge..... (went on for a bit here - approx 90 secs of a rant

:D )

HER: err...err... we're doing a special at the mo..
    ME: I already get 50kbs on dialup, it's not worth my while go for 100kbs given the criminal prices you're already charging me - over €100p/month I give ye for what my friends in the UK only pay €20 - & that's monthly UNMETERED flat rate access.

HER: err...err...... you're lucky to get 50kbs on dialup, most...er... the average is less than 30kbs for most of our customers...err
    ME: & I also have Sat DSL at over 2mb/s. Is i-stream available here for me?

HER: I'll just check...what's your area code?
    ME: Didn't you just phone me? Or was it your Autodialler decided to make this nuisance call?

HER: no, i-stream isn't available in your area (she never did check - but I suppose it was a correct assumption on her part - seeing as it's available practically NOWHERE)
    ME: So when?

HER: within the next 2 years.
    ME: well call me back then, then.

HER: OK.
    ME: Thanks, you've been most helpfull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Poor girl, you’re too hard on her.

But, I would love to hear that conversation made on a radio or TV show, with a representative from the Irish department of denial of Broadband, or Eircom for short.

Originally posted by l3rian
    Poor girl, you’re too hard on her.

You're probably right, but you can imagine the frustration.

They're very good at marketing aren't they, especially when there is no alternative.

I'd say I rec'd 5 or 6 of these calls since the start of the year.

Really pushing ISDN to the innocent/unsuspecting customer.

Where as UTV don't even need to market/advertise VIP, such is the take up already.

In my books eircom = criminal association. Those working for eircom = aiding & abetting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Dave Letterman
    In my books eircom = criminal association. Those working for eircom = aiding & abetting.

Do you not think that's a little over the top? The girl was just doing her job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

As has been conceded about Eircom.
    They're very good at marketing aren't they, especially when there is no alternative.

When they have the barefaced cheek to ring someone then the Eircom droid deserves to get the full treatment, both barrels.

After all they are such a pain to deal with when the customer rings them that the law of Karma demands they be eaten alive when they ring you out of the blue......verbally spamming no less.

If the Eircom droids get shredded regularly...and I mean twice a day at least...... the message will trickle upwards that they are hated and widely so.

That would be a help to all of us.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Canadian

Dumb question - when you're a monopoly, why would you spend ANY money marketing??

Every time i'm sitting in departures in Dublin airport (normally every weekend), I see loads of eircom ads - but who are they competing against? And there are ads for things like cordless phones ?? I don't understand why they've chosen 2002 to market cordless phones?? Can't be an awareness thing.

Any chance they would say 'Increased marketing expenditures have required that we ask the regulator to remove price caps' ??

Thoughts?

=======================
    Vote No to Flooding.
    Vote No to Nice.

Advertisement