Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI 2003 session dates, if you're interested

Options
  • 28-09-2002 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

If I'm wrong, don't sue me, sue the CTYI website.

Session 1: 6th July - 25th July 2003
    Session 2: 27th July - 15th August 2003

Any plans/reactions?

This works out fairly well for myself, with the exams and all, but for others, maybe not so well. Tell us!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Makes sense with the "special" olympics... what I find humourous is that the camp for the "talented" youth is being delayed until the "special" olympics has run its course....

Erm... yeah...

God I'm so not PC. I blame the black mage. Oh yeah.... erm...

Lucky gits with the going and the whatnot. I'm tired. I'll shut up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I'm gonna apply like hell for Session 1 and hope they let me into something. If not then I suppose Session 2 would be okay but it would be full for Session 2ers who don't seem as free spirited as Session 1ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

I agree heartily- Sesh 1 for me if they'll have me :)
    I wish that sesh 1 would be normal dates in terms- i liked going right after school ended- but I understand with the special olympics and all.
    (Sesh 1ers- do u guys remember the "Healthy Athletes this way" signs?!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

session 2ers not as free spirited as session 1ers???
    i don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Are you dissing session 2ers?
    We're damn free spirited. Damed i say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

hmmmm....

Ok, people, why doesn't someone come up with the really smart idea of starting a Thread with a list of who's going when? with real names?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

2ers are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as free spirited as 1ers................In fact...............I'd go as far as to say we wer MORE free spirited

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭C@t

Sess 1ers do rock though. Think there's any chance of them changing the age so I can go again?

Didn't think so. Ah well, I can always try to be an RA in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

not a hope in hell m'dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hehehe... but yeah... Session 2ers WERE the cool ones but that seems to have all ended in the last year or so... so I'd say session 1 is the one to go to this year. <ANY other year i'd have sworn to session 2 being the tops>

But that's just my 2c... and yeah... i'm too old to go back... 5(¬3\/\/ J00!!!111

heheheh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

session 1 for me.... any day. although this whole timing thing is really going to mess up my whole summer! Ah, the things i will sacrifice to go to my last year of CTYI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'll be at session one unless I have a VERY DAMN GOOD reason not to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

never again......probably. i'm leaving it open though. :D
    session 2 was great up til this year....i'd start blaming people but i'm too tired. my eyes hurt. damn carpel tunnel thing....:mad:
    sHep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I've only been once so I don't really have the best opinion of CTYI but I thought session 2 rocked this year. Hell, if there's a chance of session one being better, I'm there for one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Hey, hey. Session 2 has always been the more free-spirited session. Nothing will change that. Nothing! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

As originator of this debate, I believe it necessary to ratify that Session 2 people are generally more fun that Session 1 people, in my experience.

Who did I know when I went to Session 1? Uh, Fionnuala, Megadeth.... uh, not that many people.

Session 2 was brilliant, on the other hand. (no offence if anyone I know from s1 2000 is reading!... well, yes.)

i'm from s1 2000.......who are you now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

session 1 has me.... hands down win for session 1....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

and sesh 1 has me too....who are you and why are you messing with us? :D

ah but you have to understand, sess.2 was always the home of the cool people! i'm sure you're all lovely but that probly just means that you're sess.2ers at heart. or something. what the f*ck am i talking about?! i don't care about this! i got 3hrs sleep last night and i've been running around like a headless chicken with fleas of some kind all day and what's more i can't seem to stop talking about myself! oh god i'm insufferable! aaaargh! aaaaargh! aaaaaaaargh!

sorry. had a little freakout there. ahem.. :o :rolleyes:

oh yeah, who bes article6 and it wasn't me! anyway? i am afusededed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

bes? wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

session 2 was feckin great - i know in my inexperience i have little knowledge of the session 1ers, BUT i will take ed's word for it - session two was great - not too much talent, but enough.:p

Originally posted by dukman
    bes? wtf?
    shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

I'll be at ses2 probably... and going to ses2 this year was the best non-decision I have ever made... and possibly the most important... (non-decisions are ones you put no thought into cause you can't be bothered to). GO TO SES2!!!! Only if you want to of course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

you can still go,joe?!cooly!
    hmm,i don't like to say that i'm going to a particular session....but i'd imagine i'll end up at good'ol'session2.....unless art design is on session1 and there's nothing better on session2 or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Session 1 till I die.IMNSHO, session 2 is V overrated, I heard people at session 1 who are attending CTYI for the first time say:"yeah,I'm going to session 2, more cool people are going there".My arse.Most people go to session 2 because they know people going already and many session 2ers gain an eletism field(tm) without even experiencing session 1.I would rather meet loads of new people instead of just a few while hanging round with those I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I'm gonna apply to be an RA this year! if I get it, I got loadsa summer pissin round cos UCD summer exams start 28/4, ie. pissin round from mid-may. Although the chances of me getting RA are like zero......
    BTW S1 rocks 4 ever-n-ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by G@ndalf
    Session 1 till I die.IMNSHO, session 2 is V overrated, I heard people at session 1 who are attending CTYI for the first time say:"yeah,I'm going to session 2, more cool people are going there".My arse.Most people go to session 2 because they know people going already and many session 2ers gain an eletism field(tm) without even experiencing session 1.I would rather meet loads of new people instead of just a few while hanging round with those I know.

Amen, brother.

Although I fully support s2ers in whatever endeavor they choose to commit themselves to. I DO, however, find it tragic to think that most don't realize that we are, after all, part of the same organization. This schism should not exist between us.

each to their own.......

who really cares anyway?
    i've been to both sessions and enjoyed both in different ways.
    why the need to over-analyse everything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

Go Cait!

you're so right!

Advertisement