Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA Éire Card / ITV-Ch4

• 28-09-2002 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just heard from a good friend at Sky, that a FTA Card is supposed to be available for Éire Customers.

Also that a deal to bring ITV & CH4 is just about to be sealed for November?????

This means (from the Sky person) that RTÉ 1, Net 2, TV3 & TG4, with the addition of BBC 1 & 2; and ITV & CH4 will be available to Éire Customers on the FTA Éire.

The numbers for cards and ITV are available from the website below.....

[snip]Pull the other one. Cloud.[/snip]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Oi!

Read the rules. No pimping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ballydung

This means (from the Sky person) that RTÉ 1, Net 2, TV3 & TG4, with the addition of BBC 1 & 2; and ITV & CH4 will be available to Éire Customers on the FTA Éire.

Can anybody confirm this ??
    If true does this mean that I could order one get it delivered to Irish address and get it sent over to England put in box and be able to watch RTE N2 etc ???
    Does this coincide with Republic getting CH4 UTV so then N.Ireland get RTE etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

bbc , utv and ch4 free to air in Ireland, how stupid do you think we are ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Mark_irl
    bbc , utv and ch4 free to air in Ireland, how stupid do you think we are ?

Could be the Good Friday agreement kicking into effect (there is provision for all people on both sides of the border to get all TV services available on either side)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I sent an e-mail to sky4ireland and received the following response:

<sky4ireland@yahoo.com>:
    64.157.4.82 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (sky4ireland@yahoo.com) - mta422.mail.yahoo.com

Could the FTA message be a similar fantasy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Sounds too good to be true...

You could see why Sky would want to do it though. If you could get the Irish and the British channels for free, then loads of people would go out and buy Sky boxes and dump their cable/mmds subscriptions. I'm sure Sky wouldn't mind if that would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Has anyone tried calling the phone no. quoted on the webpage? (208 3424)

/Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

The situation is:

1: No FTV Irish card will ever be released.
    2: UTV (Cut down version) and Channel 4 (Full version) will be available on the Family Pack or higher sometime between the third Monday in August and very early November.
    3: Interactive on Channel 4 won't be available till June.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I called the number which was on the website and i got a message played back to me saying Dublin 012083424. Then it said something about the line is now closed if you want to call 1850 715 900 during the programme. This sounds like a RTE radio phone number

What is this guy trying to prove, Firstly an email address that does not exist and then this phone number.

To my knowledge there are only 18 FTV Irish card in this country and all bar one of these belong to RTE,the other one TV3 have. Also, correct me if I am wrong but does some of our monthly sub go to the BBC for allowing us to recieve BBC1/2.
    So if this is the case why all of a sudden would we be able to recieve these two channels free of charge because I for one also pay NTL for carriage of these channels. So I tend to agree with Carrolls on this one that there will never be a FTV Irish card.

One thing is also for sure is that when we do recieve UTV/CH4 we will be facing another price increase next September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Looks like utter rubbish, and it is.

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement