Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickmail Email software hanging?

• 28-09-2002 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

any of you guys have a mac as an email server and have 'Quickmail Pro' as the Email Server software?

If any of you do, do you have any problems with it? I have a network that uses it, but lately they've had no emails in or out because of quickmail hanging when it starts up. No other software is on it, only what is needed

I've zapped pram, rebuilt the desktop, specified that the program use more memory.. but still hangs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

I know nothing about the app, but my next course of action would be to delete the relevant preferences file in
    Macintosh HD : System Folder: Preferences

Next time its launched, it will create a new set of preferences. You'll probably have to set up some stuff again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

yeah timod, thx for the help. Fortunally i got it sorted soon enough. The client had changed the lan ip address of the server, quickmail just didnt know what to do and thats why it was hanging constanly. I changed back to its original ip and everything is sorted now ;)

Advertisement